legal reqiurements for building a company

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

i am wanting to take my refining to a more practical application and i think incorporating my business would be the first step.what i looking for are the requirements for waste disposal,buying chemicals,and generally what i would need to conduct myself within the boundaries of the law.if any of you have info on what is needed to handle and dispose of the chemicles we use please let me know.

I venture to guess that starting with EPA will be smart. How you manage almost everything is now well regulated. Expect to discover that you will be exceedingly tightly controlled, likely needing a scrubber, maybe even a filter press to separate solids from disposable liquid wastes. You might also inquire of local authorities. They may not permit your operation. It's tough doing business these days.

Should you inquire of local authorities, don't tip your hand, suggesting that you already refine. Avoid bringing attention to yourself. Pose your questions as if you're just thinking out loud.

Don't assume that because you open a door, commercially, that business will come. It's hard getting customers in the refining business. Handling electronic scarp, on the other hand, is likely a whole different matter. You didn't make clear what your intention was.

Harold

i was pretty much wanting to refine hdd.ive had success so far(not complete) and want to have the necessary paperwork and permits to do so(as far as uncle sam is concerned).what i dont want to happen is the fumes that come from the refining process to get me in trouble.
i was soaking about 80 or so hdd in hydrochloric acid bath(the third one) and the density of the fumes was considerable...there was a strong wind blowing and the fumes traveled farther and more thick than i had experienced in the first two baths.if my neighbors were home i would have DEFINITELY gotten myself into a pickle with john q. and the haz-mat team.
so after having experienced good progress and a very nerve-racking day.. i see that if i want to take this further it is going to be necessary for me to be safer and to avoid harming anybody with what im doing.
further-more with the disks containing platinum(at whatever amount) and be so readily available i could see this as being a profitable business venture.anything is possible with diligence.i know that to truly make this a good business the volume of material isnt going the be vast but would still be a considerable amount.
after i finish the foil i have now i should be able to figure out all the numbers concerning yield and the volume of chemicles i would be wanting to use.

If you cool your reaction, it will slow down the fumes if it can help...

You could also make the fumes bubble through a solution of NaOH.

i had about 80 or so disks in a 5-gallon bucket with a gallon of acid(hcl).how would i go about fuming the bubbles through NaOH?im fairly new with chemicle refining and do not know what NaOH is or where to get it.i will read is a sec.the third bath was the only bath that reacted violently but only lasted like 15 minutes.if the fumes can neutralized this would probably be a must-do...at least to give my nerves a rest.
do you think i could use the five-gallon bucket and neutralize the fumes or would a different vessel be better?

Back