Live Ceramic CPU Calculator - Windows application

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzoax

As i had no luck to find any similar application, i decided to write it on my own. I made this application using Visual Studio 2010 Express. It is totally free application, but who wants to donate he can do that with bitcoins. The download link and my bitcoin account is below.
The application have several purposes, mainly it is calculator for calculating gold content in ceramic CPUs. The first time you enter your results inside of "Gold Content Per CPU" textboxes, the application will store that results and the next time you open application, the results will still be there. As you are entering the values inside of "Quantity (Pieces)" textboxes, the results under "Total Gold Amount (Grams)" and "Total Value In Selected Currency" will show you REAL TIME value in selected currency. The application is refreshed every 5 seconds, and the informations about gold price is obtained from http://goldprice.org.
1.jpg
The application supports 48 different world country currencies with flags, and currency info. You can select the country in the upper right corner.
2.jpg
The application supports 11 kinds of most frequent types of ceramic processors. When you move over a mouse pointer over the cpu images, the detailed pictures of cpus will appear.
3.jpg
In the down right corner there is a date and time info, and a current gold price in dollars for 1 troy ounce. The application needs internet connection to works since it is refreshing the gold price information every 5 seconds. If you have a slow internet connection, the application will need about 10-20 seconds to start. When you start the application, when "Please wait..." notification disappears, you can start using application. When you download the setup file you will need to install application, the application shortcut will appear on the desktop from where you can start application. I think that this covers the basics of using this application, if you have any question or you are need help, you can contact me here or in private messages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDITED: UPDATE 3

Update3 includes:
1.Rounding values of "Total Gold Amount" and "Total Value In Selected Currency" on 2 decimals.
2. Preventing input of characters and symbols inside of textboxes
3. Fixed error when user leave empty field inside of "Gold Content Per CPU" textboxes
4. Fixed errors relating to calculating values
5. Labels ("Live Gold Price Per Gram", "Total Gold Amount (Grams)" and "Total Value In selected Currency:" are decimal formatted, added separation sign "," for example 123456789 becomes 123,456,789 for better reading

If you already have the application installed, uninstall it, and install the setup file from this link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h5n5pjvtq0t2rdh/GoldPrice.msi

Bitcoin address: 1DXJP2RR2FCfcczML6GwHRwuMoSzH1KqoX

Thanks for sharing your project! If it doesn't already have it, a new feature for version 2.0 could be the ability for users to enter new CPUs and packages they deal with. They could add N/S, flat packs, RAM, etc.

Dave

FrugalRefiner said:
Thanks for sharing your project! If it doesn't already have it, a new feature for version 2.0 could be the ability for users to enter new CPUs and packages they deal with. They could add N/S, flat packs, RAM, etc.

Dave
You are welcome Dave. Thank you for advice, my basic idea was to make a similar application for all kind of computer parts containing the gold, but that would be much greater project that would need a lot more time to build. So i decided to make this small "test" application for this 11 types of ceramic cpus and see will it be useful to users. If this application shows well to a lot of users, and if it helps the users to calculate the value and gold content of computer parts i will gladly write a big application for all types of IC chips, BGAs, CPUs, RAM memories, fingers, all types of pins etc.

you must be a maniac (in a good way) to do such a thing;)))
congratulations for the amazing work !!!

Thank you Rucito! Here is a youtube tutorial link about how to download, install and use the application.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFiI6AAbboc

This really is fantastic, I've been running a spreadsheet to do this, but linking it in with live gold prices is great!

Also I like the idea of being able to put in CPUs/RAM/ EPROMS etcs

Thank you Stewill!. I will do my best. Whenever i have time i will improve the app and i will send download link.So far i did update1.

Update1 includes:
1.Rounding values of "Total Gold Amount" and "Total Value In Selected Currency" on 2 decimals.
2. Preventing input of characters and symbols inside of textboxes

If you already have the application installed, uninstall it, and install the setup file from this link:

http://wikisend.com/download/566650/Setup.exe

it is after download the setup.exe. Windows scans and says there is a malware. I am excited to use your software.

Windows 7 won't even let me download it.
unsafe.jpg
Smart Screen Filter blocks it, so I downloaded it via my Linux Mint machine to a clean USB stick. Plugged it into my Win7 machine, and AVG Internet Security popped up immediately with a protection window, stating the Setup.exe file was a threat - SHeur

SHeur looks nasty:

SHeur is a malicious application that allows hackers to remotely access you computer system letting them modify files, steal personal information and install more unwanted software. These kinds of threats, called Trojan horse, must be sent to you by someone or carried by another program. They may also arrive thanks to unwanted downloads on infected websites or installed with online games or other internet-driven applications.

Edit: Wikisend may be the culprit -

Perhaps clean it up, and port it over to SourceForge?

In some cases antivirus or web browser safe download plugins, or firewall blocking software may prevent you from downloading exe files from unknown source. It depends of many things, what system do you have, what applications, settings etc. But it does not mean that my application contains virus. It is just a precautionary measure because it is a easy way to get infection that way. I wrote this application, i have a source code and there is no virus, there are many ways to check that. Or, maybe it is a undetectable virus, you never know... :mrgreen:
Anyway, those who have good computer knowledge can test and PROVE that if it is a virus or not, and those who don't can either believe me or not download it.

The installer file Setup.exe appears to be clean.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/6...6ea767586646f3120e9b04d1/analysis/1458037537/
This is not to say that the items inside it are, as I have not installed it, just submitted the installer package for testing.

If you have a smartscreen warning about setup.exe, it's Microsoft saying they don't know why they should trust it. It does not mean it contains a virus.
It's not digitally signed, so a SHA256 hash of the file is useful with download links, but that's a getting bit beyond the scope of most users.

jason_recliner said:
If you have a smartscreen warning about setup.exe, it's Microsoft saying they don't know why they should trust it. It does not mean it contains a virus.
It's not digitally signed, so a SHA256 hash of the file is useful with download links, but that's a getting bit beyond the scope of most users.
That was my thinking. It's not a true virus alert, it's Microsoft advising you that they know nothing about the software, and that it could be malware. It doesn't mean that his code is bubonic plague in a box.

Microsoft dumbs things down more with every new version, so it's not surprising that a little gets lost in the translation.

You may want to give users the ability to input their own data.

I noticed on several items, my yields are very different. That might be for many reasons, the process I use, my ability, how I recover values that might go into a settling tank, etc.

You also may with to include a gold plate calculator with the different specs, conversion tables, etc. Wonderful idea, I can see you put a lot of work in this, nice job.

Scott

Thank you Scott, i was thinking about that the user inputs many results for the same material processing and the application will calculate the average value, also i was thinking to add a notebook besides so the user can note what technique and chemicals he used so the application will show what method is best based on ending gold content results.

i made a next update for the application, it includes:

- Fixed error when user leave empty field inside of "Gold Content Per CPU" textboxes
- Fixed errors relating to calculating values
- Labels ("Live Gold Price Per Gram", "Total Gold Amount (Grams)" and "Total Value In selected Currency:" are decimal formatted, added separation sign "," for example 123456789 becomes 123,456,789 for better reading

Download link:
https://www.4shared.com/file/NDd-ENMBce/Setup.html

upcyclist said:
jason_recliner said:
That was my thinking. It's not a true virus alert, it's Microsoft advising you that they know nothing about the software, and that it could be malware. It doesn't mean that his code is bubonic plague in a box.

Microsoft dumbs things down more with every new version, so it's not surprising that a little gets lost in the translation.

Same here - maybe more Microsoft nannyisms, but AVG clearly labeled it as having a trojan. Reading further and doing some research, many files hosted by Wikisend have injections, even in an https: setting. Your mileage may vary, but until it's clean, not on my machine.

I think the software is awesome, no smear intended or implied.

EDIT: Update three installed with no worries. Many thanks to the developer and contributors!

Latest posts

Back