• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for a builder....

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglewings35

Hey folks,
I have been studying and reading up induction furnaces.
I think one of these would be ideal for my business. I am working
on setting up my business, where I process industrial fixer for industrial x-ray companies here.
My silver intake could be as much as 100 oz of silver per load of fixer. I have mulled over the
gas furnaces, and it just wouldnt be a viable option, due to the cost.

Do we have any members that can design and build me an induction furnace? I have
found many schematics on them, but I dont even began to understand how to build one of these.

I need it to plug into 110V, and can get hot enough to melt platinum (this should cover all the harder metals)
It also needs to have the coils large enough to hold a large crucible (4" round).

I know this stuff costs money, so I will gladly pay someone that can help.

Thank you,
Kerry

Kerry,

We are actually building one similar to your specs.
Maybe we can build 2 to lower the cost for both of us.

Hit me up by pm, email or over the phone.

Cheers.

Alex
514 965 five five five five
Alex AT recyclage-ordinateur DOT con

Let me know how that project goes Alexx.

I want a small cheap one for my house for bronze casting but would also like to be able to cast stainless outside. I miss my sand casting!!!

I believe we should be done with the first unit in about 2 months. We will be testing it for a few melts to adjust what needs adjustments. Hopefully I will be posting a sucessfull video, plans & everything in a couple of months.

I am looking at building the unit that Lazer Steve has posted on his web site.
There is one capacitor that costs $250 each, it the design requires 2, and you can onlg get
them from the manufacturer, in Israel.
I did some searching today and I located one similar, and in the states, for about $100 each.
I have an electrical engineer looking and making sure it will work.

Also Alexx and I are exploring other options.
We are being selective who we buy these parts from, like they say "buy cheap, get cheap".
And electrical parts arent a place to buy cheap made parts.

And a shout out to Lazer Steve..... thanks for the help with this project !!!

I am looking at building the unit that Lazer Steve has posted on his web site.
There is one capacitor that costs $250 each, it the design requires 2, and you can onlg get
them from the manufacturer, in Israel.
I did some searching today and I located one similar, and in the states, for about $100 each.
I have an electrical engineer looking and making sure it will work.

Also Alexx and I are exploring other options.
We are being selective who we buy these parts from, like they say "buy cheap, get cheap".
And electrical parts arent a place to buy cheap made parts.

And a shout out to Lazer Steve..... thanks for the help with this project !!!
I have a few of the ones from Isreal on hand. PM me with offer if you are interested. I also have multiples of the "hard to find" smaller parts in stock.

Steve

Back