looking for a gold refining plant

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComputerHoarder

hello,

im looking for a gold refining plant that i can trust to work with and send back my precious metals from Escrap, (taking what they need for payment of course) anyone know of any?

i have around 500lbs of motherboards, ram and processors

You'd be better off selling everything outright.You will know exactly what you will get per pound up front,without fear of being taken advantage of from an unreputable refinery.

Mic is right. The copper smelter I found with the lowest volume requirement was Royune Noranda in Quebec. Their minimum is 6000 pounds.

Their may be others with lower requirements but you had better be sure you know what you are doing and how to prep boards and sample/assay and understand the fee structure and what returns to expect or they will hand you your ass. You also need to know how to watch your material as it goes thru the process.

500 pounds might get you a bit of a premium from a buyer who needs to finish out a load. I get a little north of $4 per pound around here. Shop your boards around. See what you can do. From what I gather intrinsic value is a little over $5 per pound depending on mix. I may be wrong. Your buyer does have to make a living too.

glondor said:
Mic is right. The copper smelter I found with the lowest volume requirement was Royune Noranda in Quebec. Their minimum is 6000 pounds.

Their may be others with lower requirements but you had better be sure you know what you are doing and how to prep boards and sample/assay and understand the fee structure and what returns to expect or they will hand you your ass. You also need to know how to watch your material as it goes thru the process.

500 pounds might get you a bit of a premium from a buyer who needs to finish out a load. I get a little north of $4 per pound around here. Shop your boards around. See what you can do. From what I gather intrinsic value is a little over $5 per pound depending on mix. I may be wrong. Your buyer does have to make a living too.

completely understood :) i actually repair computers for a living so i know how this goes to the fullest extent, i try not ripping people off but also need to pay for overhead ;) same way with any other job/hobby, was honestly hoping to find a refinery plant to get the metals back (they will have more value in the long run) but if its easier to sell outright i may have to go that route

ComputerHoarder said:
was honestly hoping to find a refinery plant to get the metals back (they will have more value in the long run) but if its easier to sell outright i may have to go that route

Use the money from the sale to invest in precious metals if it was your intention to hoard the metals from your boards.

I agree with mic. Sell it outright. That way, everybody's happy. Just do your homework first. It's too small an amount to expect a good return from any refinery. Besides their fees and charges, most will gouge you somewhat, maybe a little and maybe a lot. You never really know what you will get from a refiner, until you get it.

If you had 10 tons, you would have many more options. You could hire an experienced professional rep to watch the material being run at the refinery and pull samples at the right times. That way, you'll get the fairest shake possible. You could rep the material yourself but, if you don't know what you're doing, the refiner might have some tricks up his sleeve.

goldsilverpro said:
I agree with mic. Sell it outright. That way, everybody's happy. Just do your homework first. It's too small an amount to expect a good return from any refinery. Besides their fees and charges, most will gouge you somewhat, maybe a little and maybe a lot. You never really know what you will get from a refiner, until you get it.

If you had 10 tons, you would have many more options. You could hire an experienced professional rep to watch the material being run at the refinery and pull samples at the right times. That way, you'll get the fairest shake possible. You could rep the material yourself but, if you don't know what you're doing, the refiner might have some tricks up his sleeve.

dont they always? lol

Latest posts

Back