Looking for small furnace.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try Action Mining Services. gas furnace

They may be a bit pricey. If melting fine Silver you will need 2 torches as well, one to aim into the crucible before and while the bars melt, and one to aim at the mold. Silver absorbs oxygen from the air when molten and when it cools it spits it out. It makes for ugly bars. The torches burn up the oxygen from the air so it isn't available for the Silver to absorb.

I got a 6kg furnace from vevor and it could basically fit in the 10kg one, quite small imo, and cheap. The new model also has some perks, like not being able to insert the burner too deep and mess with it.
Also, if you follow dan hurd i think he shown a similar model to the one shown by 4metals only cheaper, however if you are going to use a torch might aswell get few refractary bricks and DIY.

It says typically ships within 4-6 weeks. So they wait for you to order one and then order it from China? You can do better. At least deal with someone who has enough faith in what they sell to stock it!

Over the years these gas furnaces have evolved from a blower and a gas line and a refractory cement lining. And I have cast many on my own using a good refractory cement and sonitube cardboard cement forms, a large outer tube and a smaller inner tube. Pack in the cement and when it's dry burn out the cardboard form.

Does anyone sell just the burner? I much prefer cement refractory over the cotton like fluff these furnaces use. I seem to remember plans to build your own burner from standard pipe fittings available on line.

Thank you for reply.
Any thoughts on this kit?
Too expensive, you can get a devil forge for less money, black model does not have any stopper so you can mess with the wool. The one that looks like stainless, 6kg is quite tiny, would fit in the 10kg black model and has the stopper. I messed my furnace on first melt by pushing the burner too far and would barely get to melt aluminium before it autoignites by the gas hose.

I haven't tried it yet, it is waiting but seems a bit better than the 10kg model, altho the lid looks a bit odd with the wood. Also, quite cheap.

Attachments

• us_BWRJLGYBB6KG1KV0DV0_goods_thumb_220-v2_melting-furnace-m100-1.2.jpg
    us_BWRJLGYBB6KG1KV0DV0_goods_thumb_220-v2_melting-furnace-m100-1.2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
  • propane-melting-furnace-m100-1.2.jpg
    propane-melting-furnace-m100-1.2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Here's a picture of the one I got a couple years ago.
It is ToAuto I thought it was vevor.
I liked the 2"cement lining, pricing was a giveaway at that time $120 bucks and had all the accessories to start.
Got lucky timing on sale.

Attachments

• 20240527_121444.jpg
    20240527_121444.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back