Making Sodium Hydroxide

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to post the link to my local chem supplier earlier but it seemed to slip my mind. This is mainly for forum members in the Madison Alabama area for local pickup since shipping is usually high on some of this stuff.

He's got bio-diesel stuff too if you need more hobbies :shock:

http://www.dudadiesel.com/install/affiliate/affiliate.php?id=16&group=1

I'm going to be in Madison next week. I'll have to see if i can make time to check that place out. It seems interesting. Thanks for the link.

I agree the acids are pricey, but I got 56 gallons of battery acid at the local gov't auction for about $2/gal so I can make whatever I need cheap. His other chems are pretty good though and I don't have to pay shipping on 50 lb buckets of NaOH or drums of methanol. Plus he has some cool pumps, filters and stuff used to make bio-diesel. Oh, and he can order other chems not on his site.

Here's some I recently inquired about. These are minimum quantities and I don't need nearly that much. Anybody want to split a bag?

Tributyl Phosphate 400 lb. drums
Trisodium Phosphate 50 lb. bags
Ammonium Bifluoride 25 kg. bags
Sodium Bifluoride 50 lb. bags

Price depends on quanity ordered and hazmat fees,etc. If anyone wants the LONG list of what he can get, PM me and I'll email to you.

BTW- Even though he can order it, he won't touch anything gov't regulated.

Irons,
You Wrote: if you add a small excess of Calcium Hydroxide, it makes a solution almost free of Sodium Carbonate.

How much Calcium Hydroxide do you use per gallon of decanted fluid, in solution?

Also is there a way to clean and dry and store the produced Calcium Carbonate

Latest posts

Back