Me again

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brjook

Sorry about the excessive post but getting desparate here.I tried 20 grams of pins with AP to try and remove the base metals.I was left with almost dissovled pins and good bit of what lookked like gold flakes.I filtered and then added the filtrate to a HCL and clorox solution.It bubbled and made a good bit of chlorine gas and the liquid was a yellow to tint green color.I dissovled my socalled SMB and diluted my solution and added the SMB with no resultes.is it ok to add SMB to a HCl solution or should it be diluted. Tried another 15 grams of seperate set ofpins with the same results.Maybe my pins are bogus ,could someone point me in the right direction to get started in this endevore with some results.And could someone help find nitric acid.I bought a distallation setup but haven't started it yet ,I have the Sodium nitrate and the NaSo4 to do it but would rather just buy it already made
Is that what i really need to get started id Nitric acid?

You should try to keep your posts all in one when they are about the same subject.It keeps everybody's thoughts in one place.

With the amounts you are running you will not be getting very much gold.
I think a lb of pins should get 1 to 2 grams of gold,so with 20 grams of pins
I doubt you will have enough gold to work with.
Jim

Also remember to clean your recovery with hcl before you go to hcl/clorox. If you had green in your solution your recovery was dirty (still base metals in your gold). Do a search and you will find the proper way to treat your gold before going to hcl/clorox. You will also need alot more pins to see that pretty gold color we all love.

Thanks everyone for your replys .Keepem coming.Where is the best place to get the gold scape i need to get started in this .I have invested several hundred bucks and would love to see that shine of gold in my crucible.Is ebay ok or govermet auctions for used computers.Someone point me in the right direction

eBay is ok, but you will find people on there are paying way to much. Ask any urban miner and they will tell you the right price is free! Check your local computer shops, junk yards, post flyers. If you have to pay for scrap you will see very little return. Once again search the forum and you will find all kinds of great ideas.

Latest posts

Back