Mic ?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he has a new log in. Maybe I should give him a call.

Mic sent this pm to me on June 13, "It went through just fine Ken.I will get this out to you in the next couple of days.Unfortunately I may not be on the forum any longer so you will have to email me to get the information that I have about it.
Johnny"

Dont know what he meant by but maybe someone can check on him I do not have a number for him.
Ken

He sent me a PM in whch he said he was leaving the fourm. To my knowledge, he has not returned. I do not have an email address.

Harold

I don't know where that email address went that was here earlier, but i sent an email to it to. I also sent one to his wife's pm box here on the forum. She or someone logged in the other nite after i posted this thread from that account. Hummmm....

I must admit he's sorely missed, this forum after all is like one large extended family, let's hope all is well and he may return to the fold at some stage.

They are still around this was sent to me today it is a link to one of his ebay auctions. I wanted to post it in the best of Ebay but will have to search for the thread.

You will love this one over $575.00 per lb for melted pins... :lol: With 4 more auctions waiting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112-6-grams-3-5-troy-oz-melt-drop-bar-of-scrap-computer-Gold-plated-pins-/281001385056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416cfcdc60

Barren Realms 007 said:
They are still around this was sent to me today it is a link to one of his ebay auctions. I wanted to post it in the best of Ebay but will have to search for the thread.

You will love this one over $575.00 per lb for melted pins... :lol: With 4 more auctions waiting.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112-6-grams-3-5-troy-oz-melt-drop-bar-of-scrap-computer-Gold-plated-pins-/281001385056?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416cfcdc60

So they are some of the sellers selling that type of thing? :cry: Maybe thats why he left the forum.

Awww damn. Johnny would have been one of the first ones to jump on that type of thing and expose it as a fraud. When times get tough.... some people will slide off of the rails. I have called Johnny's home and cell as well as text-ed and emailed several times in the past 6 weeks. All were no answer.

To be honest... this is truly tempting, seeing this scrap being sold at 10x or more of its true value as I have mountains of low/medium/high grade pins.

After all, he did say it is made of gold plated pins, i do not see any fraud there... just making money from ignorance.

This now becomes an ethical issue now... Would you sleep good knowing you are doing this?

any reputable member of this forum should find this very unethical. its the same as stealing. i believe the term is is fleecing. preying on the uninformed and then justify it by saying "well, they were told what it was". the problem with that is most people have no idea what the true value of the material is. if the total value of the material was in the listing, do you think anyone would buy it?

Geo said:
any reputable member of this forum should find this very unethical. its the same as stealing. i believe the term is is fleecing. preying on the uninformed and then justify it by saying "well, they were told what it was". the problem with that is most people have no idea what the true value of the material is. if the total value of the material was in the listing, do you think anyone would buy it?
I have a longer "final" reply that has already been written and will be posted immediately after this response.
Geo,if what you say is true,and these buyers are aware of what is contained within the bars,then why aren't "pins" selling for the same price?
It is explained,almost in graphic detail,what the bars are made of.I can't do any more than that.
Now I will post a final reply below

Barren Realms 007 said:

Barren I was a member of this forum years before you came here.Did you really think this would not get back to me?

Awww damn. Johnny would have been one of the first ones to jump on that type of thing and expose it as a fraud.
Glondor,you know how far back we go. But I dare ONE person to show me where any "fraudulent" activity is,in that auction. I have explained in graphic detail,what the bar is.I have repeat customers,and have yet to get a single negative feedback.That is not saying that I won't at some point....but I have made it abundantly clear what is in the bars.
Barren,I have been off of this forum for many months,and haven't bothered you,or anyone else.I do not wish to speak to anyone on the forum,and explaining why would be useless,because it is not going to change my life one way or another.I gave up processing almost 6 months ago,and haven't touched anything since.I sold off all of my chemicals and most of my labware.I scrapped my ballmill,and and gave away my furnaces.The lab I once had,is now a computer room,that I use to fix computers.I am a lot less stressed since I left the forum,and I am a lot less angry of a person.I would have rathered you left me the hell alone personally,considering I haven't said one word on this forum for a very long time,and didn't deserve that little stab.
Glondor,I am sorry I have not answered,or returned any of your attemps to contact me.You are one of very many people that I have not answered.
I want you all to understand,I am fine.All of us here are fine.But I want nothing to do with the forum.All of you that were my friends(you too Frank,and Jack),will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.....reguardless of what happened between us. That was a time in my life that I will never forget,and I am grateful for all of those people that helped me,and those that allowed me to help them.
To the Mods....I am well aware of all the private messages that you all sent me,and while I do appreciate it,I am not going to read them.All of you hold a very special place in my heart,Harold,Oz,and Steve especially.But I have no intentions of coming back.
I would appreciate if you would please instruct others to not make "jabs" at me while I am not here.I have done nothing wrong,and I don't deserve that.
(Samuel just posted,this is my response to that post)
Thank you Sam for sticking up for me,and yes I sleep fine. The buyers are going to buy them one way or another,whether it is from me or someone else.And as you stated,I do make it abundantly clear what the bars are made of.If anyone has a problem with any bar they have purchased,I will address the problem then.But I have quite a few repeat buyers,and have yet to have a problem.
I am asking everyone to please not try to contact me again.I am not the some person you all once knew.That was a different Johnny,I am calmer and happier now.Frank I am sorry for what happened between us.Jack I am also sorry for what happened between us.There was a few moments when I thought you had something to do with us being scammed.But that was only the first day after everything blew up.After that,I really didn't think you had anything to do with it.
Good bye everyone (again)

I saw through his facade long ago. Do as you say not as you do right alice?

Mic, i too wish you all the best with you life.

Just to be clear, i'm not taking sides here (in regards to this type of auctions).
The point of the post was to arouse a debate on this subject.

I did ment what i said, i don't see it as fraud. Fleecing is probably a more proper description, but we must not forget, many many many businesses around the world wouldn't have existed without it, including most of the giant companies.
In the case of scrap auctions on eBay, it is more blunt then the regular marketing strategies used by large companies. I agree, but still the same. The qustion is where to draw the line.

----------

Personally, i wouldn't do that, my conscious wouldn't let me.
Is it tempting? hell yea.

Mic, i stand by what i said. you and i have never had any bad words and i hope that doesnt change. i truly am glad things are better for you and will miss your input. your auctions and others like it have been the subject of discussion on the board several times and the consensus was always the same. the fact that it is being done by a trusted member of the forum (even a former member) is somewhat shocking. i am no saint and i dont try to pass judgement on anyone, but this has been discussed and all the forum has denounced it as bad behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back