Monitor yoke

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get #2 copper price for them, after I break the copper out that is.
They usually have a coating on them, so I don't think anyone will pay you as #1.
Jim

Hi samuel-a
Can you give more details on taking apart a monitor and also what do you do with all the glass and other stuff

goldnugget77 said:
Hi samuel-a
Can you give more details on taking apart a monitor and also what do you do with all the glass and other stuff

You take the back of the TV off, remove the center yoke, cut out the copper wires, remove the board if you want to process it, then you put the back on the TV and put it at the curb to be picked up as trash or carry it to your local recycler.

goldnugget77 said:
Hi samuel-a

in monitor you have the yoke, power supply units, cables and plastics (ABS+PS). all of them has market value in big quantities.

the problem, with big quantities is the glass tubes, no one want to buy leaded glass this days, so my options are either pay to a recycler for removing them or dump them to a loacl land-fill.

samuel-a said:
how would you treat Monitor yoke's?
as no.1 copper or no.2 copper ?

http://www.waimeidat.com/escrap/tv and monitor yoke.JPG

My local recycler considers yokes as breakage if they are in 1 piece. Removing the copper will yield #2. At least here in Spokane recyclers require clean, unsoldered pipe, buss bars or clean, uncoated or corroded wire that is 12ga per strand or heavier to qualify as #1

-Lance

Latest posts

Back