monolhitics

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Arthur

If you google MLCC and select images you'll see the info you need Sir.

The matrix of layers in the monolithic capacitors contain the silver and Pd if any is present. There may be silver in solder that fixes them to the boards too. When you clean them before processing ( in HCl, if this is the method you choose) the majority of the end caps dissolve into solution leaving the ceramic matrix behind.

thanks Spaceships,i have many kilos of these monoliths,and if the pms are exposed and not inside the ceramic matrix,i pretend to do the pms extraction with nacn+golpanol(mnss) solution---
thanks, and i will look for mlcc,as mentioned by you
Arthur

thanks Partnor----i anticipated my question and did some monolhitcs with nacn----the result was a total failure---that shows that you answer to my question is correct(the pgm are within the ceramics)
thanks
Arthur

9kuuby9, i read the link about smelting with flux and then a chemical leaching or eletrowining process---- as Palladium wrote in the link---_it increases the work --- and i do not know (no experience) anything about smelting----------
C.W Ammen,in his book, recovery of precious metals, explained a method to extract pd and pt from ceramic cats----the method was to leave the ceramics in AR for 72hours ,stiring the solution 2 to 3 times a day--after this the solution containing the dissolved pd,pt was treated by the usual way(at that time cats contained only pd and pt-no rh)----i will repeat this method (Ammens) with monolhitics.

ps: i have many kilos of monolhitics----
thanks
Arthur

Well our problem maker is Silver. :mrgreen:

So AR is a no go, read what I wrote carefully to why I differed with the chemical leaching.

Latest posts

Back