motherboard recycling

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kats12

Hi.
we all know how to do recycling with CPU, but what about motherboards on a large scale.
I remember watching some documentary on electronic recycling. As I recall they put some 1 cubic meter of boards on some big reaction vessel , but I don't remember what they use step by step...(probably "solo" acids then AR)
After preliminary reaction they use electrochemical separation via large slabs for each metal, copper first, then silver and the gold...
Does anyone has some experience on large scale recycling in details? If do it would be nice to share :)

1. Incinerate
2. Press to have conducting anodes
3. Put anodes in bags
4. Electrolyze in copper sulphate solution
5. What is left in the bags is precious metals

Lino do not forget pulverizing and Iron aluminum, and all the other metals, seperation would be needed as these base metals would ruin any electrolyte. this would not be something for any small scale operation, there would be tons of other issues to deal with.

I think 4metals has given detailed descriptions on how this e scrap is treated to get it into bars ready for delivery to the copper refiners. Huge equipment especially the furnaces and the fume control is a must, crushing, grinding, sieving ,magnetics removed and treated separately it's not within the reach of most members hence the reason we remove the obvious goodies and sell the remainder unless you have serious tonnage and deep pockets.

Thanks for answers.
There is possibility of a large scale recycling, not sure yet,if so, it would be nice to "know the job" on large scale production...
well I might produce the mini factory alone so it would be nice if anyone has some detailed info on how it generally works.Grinding and other mechanical subjects I understand, but electrochemical process is a new thing to me( understand the basics, but the large scale production ... :-( )
If anyone has some link to some documentary on it I would be very thankful :)

I'll check 4metals posts if I find them :)

Thanks again...

well find this book

http://www.filefactory.com/file/afff19e/n/Industrial_electrochemistry_pdf

I belive this might be that :)

Latest posts

Back