My First AP Process!!!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidhorton_002

I have studied this forum for some time now and after collecting enough e-scrap I started my firt A/P batch of fingers. I must say the AP method is amazing, it's day #5 now and all gold is off the fingers exept the really heavy plated fingers from the power edge servers. So far the process has gone very smooth no suppries or issues, just a lot of waiting. last night I went to check on it before I went to bed and I tilted the bucket so I could see the bottom and it was completely covered in gold :p . I still have cell phone boards and about 35 pii cpu's and pins to process as well ,so I still have a lot of work ahead of me and the fact that the outside temp on avg. is 40 deg F, it's gonna take some time.

I wanna thank this forum for all of your help and wisdom...and for a few laughs here and there!!!!

David

Attachments

• ap process day#5.png
    ap process day#5.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 235
Oh yeah I should have known that question was coming sorry I forgot to include that. It was just over 1 lb, and they came from power edge servers and pcb and slot cards from computers in the 1992-1993 range.

David

So this some of he foils that I have collected so far.

Like I said earlier its been cold here so today I got a bubbler to speed up the process, I siphoned the ap and collected what what stripped and let the heavier plated stuff soak more. I will have to admit its a fun process.
Thanks team

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 188

Latest posts

Back