My first works

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magagna

Hi friends. My name is Luigi and I'm writing from Italy.
I'm sorry but my English isn't good. I'm studying ours forum but it's very difficult for me understand every things :(
I posted two photos of two processes that I made in the last time.
The first mades with AP because the scraps was Rams and cellular keyboards and the final results isn't so bad.
In the second ( the scraps were pins of motherboards and cellular scraps) I'm used in the same proportions HNO3 and H2O2 but the results is a gold very impure and dirty. Where erred?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    745.2 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.1 KB
Magagna said:
I'm sorry but my English isn't good. I'm studying ours forum but it's very difficult for me understand every things :(
The first mades with AP because the scraps was Rams and cellular keyboards and the final results isn't so bad.
In the second ( the scraps were pins of motherboards and cellular scraps) I'm used in the same proportions HNO3 and H2O2 but the results is a gold very impure and dirty. Where erred?
AP isn't made with HNO3 and H2O2, please make sure you name chemicals correctly. What did you really use?

MarcoP said:
Magagna said:
AP isn't made with HNO3 and H2O2, please make sure you name chemicals correctly. What did you really use?

SORRY. I wrote it wrong. I made AP with HCL and peroxide hydrogen and the process was succesfool.
Other process I maded with the acid nitric HN03 and distillate water in the same part because the gold scraps were pins on mothoreboards and cellular gold scraps but with no good results because the gold is very dirty.

Luigi, I'd suggest you to read and study better this board (GRF), putting pins in nitric isn't the best way to go and AP would have been a better choice then diluted Nitric (unless you removed all tin solder from them but still there are better ways).
I have no idea what is the dirty left over, probably you needed little bit more of nitric?

What ratios did you used to make AP and what ratios for Nitric/distilled water?

You might be better off putting everything aside and start your journey here.

dear friend, I'm ready your link but is very difficult for me understand.
The AP solution I made it with two parts of HCL and one part of peroxide of hydrogen and I'm happy because with this solution I can separate the gold from the cellular keyboards or from the ram pc ecc.
The Problem born when I work about gold parts as the pins of mothoreboards or the cellular scraps because dear Marco I used to separate gold a solution composed by one parts of HNO3 and one parts of distillate water.
Example now I have as you see in the photo 10 grams of pins plated gold ( please say me the correct name).
Then I prepare an solution of 20 cl HNO3 + 20 cl distillate water and I put these ones in.
Can I deal the pins in the photo with AP or forcedly I must deal with HNO3 + distillate water?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB
Magagna said:
dear friend, I'm ready your link but is very difficult for me understand.
There is not place for misunderstanding with this hobby and deeply studying the subject is a must. There are numerous things that can go wrong and more you don't understand, more damage you will do to others and your self.

Magagna said:
The AP solution I made it with two parts of HCL and one part of peroxide of hydrogen and I'm happy because with this solution I can separate the gold from the cellular keyboards or from the ram pc ecc.
I smell youtube recipes here.
With the above ratio you will also dissolve gold. Hopefully you haven't discharged any liquid as it will contain some gold in solution, but most importantly heavy metals must be removed and solution neutralized before discharge.

Magagna said:
The Problem born when I work about gold parts as the pins of mothoreboards or the cellular scraps because dear Marco I used to separate gold a solution composed by one parts of HNO3 and one parts of distillate water.
Example now I have as you see in the photo 10 grams of pins plated gold ( please say me the correct name).
Then I prepare an solution of 20 cl HNO3 + 20 cl distillate water and I put these ones in.
As I thought but I reframe to reply.

Magagna said:
Can I deal the pins in the photo with AP or forcedly I must deal with HNO3 + distillate water?
No comment here too. I highly suggest you to stop what you doing and study before attempting any gold recovery, this hobby does not forgive any mistake. If you don't understand english then this hobby is not for you (and don't even try following youtube videos as things will get worse).

It may sounds harsh to you but it is for your own good.

Magagna said:
Marco....excuse me, are you Sicilian? :shock:
Yes I'm.

Least but not last, posts made by most members will translate very well, use a translator when you can.

Thank you. You are realist. I'm learned from YouTube. My problem is the language. I'll try with a translator. This is a serious forum but believe me: I'm trying to read it but ......... Ok I'll try out to read and Figure out it. Grazie dei consigli :mrgreen:

Good attitude, if after using a translator you still have any doubts don't hesitate to PM me and I'll translate it for you. As my knowledge is limited I will limit my self to only translate for you, at least privately.

Magagna said:
Then the YouTube's videos about gold separation and refining are fakes? :roll:
No, no fakes.

But, as you will shortly learn from this forums, they are:
  • not telling you about safety precautions
  • missing many details
  • skipping procedures
  • unreliable
  • just plain wrong

Some members here posted great videos but they are all in english, moreover a video can only help in refining your skills or learning new procedures.
None of them will give you the knowledge and understanding you really need. Refining it's not just mixing chemicals as originally, even my self, believed. There is much more involved that no video will ever satisfy.

Thanks to all. Well, for the time being I limited only recovery gold fingers because I love do it. At the same time I'll read so when will arrive the moment I'll Try again. Thanks Marco

Magagna, you even doing AP the wrong way.

Put everything aside and let it sum up, that is the only place where PMs won't get lost.
Learn the forums and you will increase the recovery rate and pose no danger to your self.

Focus in one thing, AP for example, properly learn it and then move to something else.

Yesssss! I will do as you say! No more experiments with YouTube video . Only recovery gold scraps and Forget it until I will learn at least AP process as its Described in this great forum. Do you indicate me please where can I found the correct link in which Its Explained the right AP process?

the book by C M HOKE is the best place to start, it can be downloaded free on this site.
it was written for the non chemist many years ago,
WARNING some safety advice in it needs updating but most copies have warnings added.
it will be hard to read and will take time but it is worth it.
then read about SAFETY and disposal of waste
then read about AP

While you are doing this you can collect and sort anything you get so when you are ready you will have scrap to use.

there are many other things to collect as well as gold plated pins
at the moment keep anything that may have values in it
computer chips, tantalum or mlcc capacitors, check if boards are plated under the solder mask.

if you dont understand something just ask

Hi Luigi!
1 Luigi's question. They are called "gold plated pins" in English.
2 Youtube videos are not fake. They are not complete ( no information suficiente) Problems
3 DO NOT USE NITRIC ACID
4 gold plated pins, no acid. electric cell, after you learn/study more.
5 read and study "acid peroxide" "copper chloride leach" "forum safety "
6 people who help translate.
Good Luck
artart47

Hi the iron dwarf. I just downloaded this book and I'm sure that will help me. Slowly I'll try to read it.
Arta47, thank you too......gold plated pins....here's the magic word. I'll never more use nitric acid. To be continued ;)

Hi friends, I started to read the Hoke's book. Very good the intro about the security and about the simil terms ( in practice totally different) such as the paragon between boiling and evaporation.
It will take a lot of patient but I hope to do it.

Latest posts

Back