My newly modified hammer mill

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjavanb123

All,

New blades designs are finally in for my hammer mill. Objective is to grind all the plus mesh 30 size into minus mesh 30. Here are some pictures,

The old design,
image.jpg

The new deign, blades are bolted to the shaft, it makes it easier to replace them, also it gives them a hammer action, the gap between blades and mill body has decreased so hopefully this would grind everything down to minus mesh 30.
image.jpg

Notice the very small gap between mill and blades,
image.jpg

I will upload more photos, as we are going to modify the feeding gate, and dischqrge ports, and run few tests.

Regards,
Kevin

I always enjoy seeing pics of a death machine with an excess danger level to those I have personally created. :) I mean that as a compliment by the way.

Hey,

Thanks for the compliment. This is still a work in progress. Today we did some more modifications hopefully by weekend it will be ready for a test run.

Best regards
Kevin

All,

Finally the putting back together the pieces of modified hammer mill, and the results were satisfactory, I have not analyzed the recovery rate for this mill yet, but visually it must have grind 95% or more of boards to plus and minus mesh 30.

Here is the bottom piece of mill, the holes drilled to it are 2mm, and it collects the pulverized boards and shoot it through the discharge at the bottom,
image.jpg

Here is the feeding materials,
image.jpg

Running the mill,
image.jpg

Screened the discharged materials, this is plus mesh 30,
image.jpg

Minus mesh 30 materials,
image.jpg

Now I think I am going to run the two partion materials separately on shaker table. I believe most of the gold bonding wires are in minus mesh 30 materials.

Best regards
Kevin

Latest posts

Back