Mylar from a remote

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscrapper

Could someone help with a little info about mylars from remotes . Is this silver on them or is it just some of them

Attachments

• IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    2 MB
carbon.

it is being used in many ways to replace contacts. carbon carries electricity well. and is very cheap

Your image shows a circuit card from a remote, not a mylar. I have seen very few mylar sheets in remotes. The surface conductors where the buttons would contact are carbon.

Hundreds of older remotes and hundreds of wireless home phones, Very few had gold contacts. No silver and I wish I new which ones had gold. My monster-in-law likes helping by demanufacturing anything so far. She takes boxes of anything electronic home and hands me back everything, including the screws in tidy plastic bags. I'm still afraid of being around heat to depopulate...

B.S.

I sell them with all my other small PCB's that have some kind of chip, or MLCC's, last batch went for about 75 cents a pound. Better than trashing them if you can get quantity.

rickbb said:
I sell them with all my other small PCB's that have some kind of chip, or MLCC's, last batch went for about 75 cents a pound. Better than trashing them if you can get quantity.

That is a good price for low quality brown boards, i would get 0.05 lb here

maybe there is a source of more income for you rickbb, buying these types of boards from local members ?
i can't see shipping 10 or 20 lbs from one state to another would be expensive.

At an estimated 22% copper by weight, that's 440 pounds of copper per ton. At $2.50 a pound average for copper, that's around $1,100 worth of copper. At $.05 per pound, that's around $100 per ton to buy the material. PCB's is not a bad investment.

I get them free and mix them in with the PCB's from keyboards and can get free ground shipping as long as I don't abuse it. So any price I can get is gravy to me.

The remotes I get are not from home TV systems so maybe there's more "meat" on the chicken than what consumer remotes have. They have 5 or 6 buttons soldered on the board that is supposed to have silver contacts and I've seen a few with MLCC's on them as well. Maybe that's why my buyer pays so well for them. :?:

Latest posts

Back