• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Native Silver Nug Anyone?

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog20

It's a very nice one.

Sorry scale doesn't do OZT. Get a calculator and work it out. It isn't off by much...

I'll take Cash App or BTC for payment. Absolutely no PayPal. Price is negotiable. But don't make stupid ass low offers I'll automatically reject.

20220830_152129.jpg20220830_152422.jpg20220830_152353.jpg20220830_152301.jpg20220830_151852.jpg

Attachments

• 20220830_152335.jpg
    20220830_152335.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
I have so far not seen any attempt from your side to back up any of your claims with any kind of tests.
So this is just another pretty rock, in a line of pretty rocks you are trying to sell.
Did you at least do a density check?

Have you tried ebay yet? They might have some gullable naïve people who buy rocks only accompanied by wild claims and absolutely no evidence whatsoever. It does have a nice flow in it.

Rock on dude! 🤘

How did your previous rock claims turn out? Sold? Refined? Assayed? Trashed? Garden ornaments?

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but those look like any rock you hit with a wire brush. Leaves a bit of the metal brush on the surface, giving a metallic sheen. Since pictures rarely do a specimen justice, you are at the mercy of us critics claiming WTF if you give no independent analysis. You end up falling into the Gold for sale by Nigerians category by default. Your specimen looks like it is from a sheeted zone in Migmatites. Most nuggets I have seen, come from replacement in Limestone. as stated, pictures don't do much justice, and I have not seen it all. What is the host rock?

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt, but those look like any rock you hit with a wire brush. Leaves a bit of the metal brush on the surface, giving a metallic sheen. Since pictures rarely do a specimen justice, you are at the mercy of us critics claiming WTF if you give no independent analysis. You end up falling into the Gold for sale by Nigerians category by default. Your specimen looks like it is from a sheeted zone in Migmatites. Most nuggets I have seen, come from replacement in Limestone. as stated, pictures don't do much justice, and I have not seen it all. What is the host rock?
THIS. I was wondering what it resembles, looked very familiar, but I cannot remember correctly what it resembles. Now I know :)

Confirm, it looks like migmatite that was washed and slightly polished by a wire brush on angle grinder. We have large deposits of these rocks near the Dnieper river in Ukraine :) Make a stain with any cheap sulfuric ointment (like Acne & Blemish Treatments) from a drug store, wash it away after 20-30 minutes and show the result.

Silver crystallizes in cubic and octahedral crystal systems (especially if the nugget is from a bedrock). And usually forms a hook-shaped fragmentation fracture. Such a smooth shape is rare and rather characteristic of the electrum found in river sediments (but with different texture). Can you tell us the approximate region where you found it?

Last edited:
What I'd like, is for Snowdog to actually produce some evidence of his claims.
He is showing off some impressive rocks, but has never to my knowledge produced any evidence that his claims is true.

The guy who was selling polished rocks as Silver nuggets is back with 350 oz/ton palladium in silicates.
Outstanding.

Back