Need a refinery in Southern NJ, Delaware, or Philly

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Gold

Hello All,

I am looking for a solid refinery in Southern NJ, Delaware, or Philly. I have found a seller of raw gold (over 10 kilos), but I will not purchase it until it goes through a refinery. If anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

Not to break your bubble but the term "raw gold" makes me nervous. I would guess this is an African gold scam, I've seen many many packages of material called raw gold which was not gold at all, looked like gold sponge but no gold in it. I wouldn't want you to get stuck paying some up front fees to JM when the material is fake. If they take it in and it has no value you are still responsible for the melt and assay fees.

If you can see the material, try putting a pinch of it in 50% nitric acid. If it dissolves it isn't gold and usually it isn't gold if it's the same raw gold that I've seen.

I know that the term "raw gold" makes a lot of people nervous, especially from reading this forum. Thanks for the tip I will try the nitric acid test first, because I don't want to get stuck with the up front fees. I don't trust the contact that I have, but I know he has done gold deals in Africa. That is why I wanted to take it to a refinery. I actually just came back from Liberia about 3 weeks ago and I met a lot of solid contacts through the Ministry of Lands, Mines, and Energy.

I am trying to get into the mining sector out there and I have the means to do it, but I am working on the funding to purchase an excavator. If I start there, I can work with villages who are doing alluvial mining. The beginning is always the hardest part, because you need money to make money.

4metals said:
Not to break your bubble but the term "raw gold" makes me nervous. I would guess this is an African gold scam, I've seen many many packages of material called raw gold which was not gold at all, looked like gold sponge but no gold in it. I wouldn't want you to get stuck paying some up front fees to JM when the material is fake. If they take it in and it has no value you are still responsible for the melt and assay fees.

If you can see the material, try putting a pinch of it in 50% nitric acid. If it dissolves it isn't gold and usually it isn't gold if it's the same raw gold that I've seen.

Back