Need an assayer

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniH

I have some ores, want some reliable assayer, not the labs. As labs only do what we will say but will not explore it to make it banifaciler. A pertnership option is also avail on basis of process. Or draw a process and sell it is also option. Only serious people please.

What do you mean with this?
I guess you only get what you asked for. Only metals or all elements and minerals.
Something like this, labs commonly do whatever you need but not do a complete research on ore, if you ask for icp they will do icp, only for 1 of pgm then they will not take next step. Its a kind of bussiness need, so its nit my intention to waste money on specific tests whithout knkwing standards of labs.

In fairness Dani nobody is going to do a full spectrum analysis without being paid for it. Martijn I think he meant "beneficial" or more beneficial(er) mate.
I know. And this is also an option.
Test and have to be paid
Test and sell the process
Test and be a partner if feel intrested. The best will be 2 nd one for both parties

Thanks. We all know what is rock and what is ore. There is always a secret that sharing openly is nit a wise thing while many wants to reveal the secret
Did you look at the post I linked you to? There are several lists of labs, assayers, groups, and societies that might be able to help you.

But since you know what a rock is, I won't bother you any further.

Dave

Did you look at the post I linked you to? There are several lists of labs, assayers, groups, and societies that might be able to help you.

Dave
DaniH is in Pakistan so I'm not sure if we have a list for that.

DaniH is in Pakistan so I'm not sure if we have a list for that.
I am easy to work in both places, pak, afgh.
Afgh is less resourcefull place
Pak is less safe place .

I need someone serious, as i am just out of scamers hands.

Last edited:

Dave
arsenic rich sulfides, acidic in nature. Smelt need alot of basic flux that is not economically suitable.
Floatation is easy but still a huge weight is in concentrwte. Not proper labs to test and further decide the depresents.

Dani, from your response I can see you are far, far ahead of me in what you are doing. I had hoped the link I gave you might be of some help, but it sounds like you're well past that point.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience processing ores, so I don't think I'll be much more help.

Dave

Dani, from your response I can see you are far, far ahead of me in what you are doing. I had hoped the link I gave you might be of some help, but it sounds like you're well past that point.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience processing ores, so I don't think I'll be much more help.

Dave
Thanks, the actual problem is the distance and problems involved to deliever material in acceptable labs.
Also SGS is also avail but in this tachnology time, selling data from any company is not out of considration. And its really a problem for miners.
If , if i have no help, i will preffer to have someone to check some iron bars that been used as collecter in smelt. Normal/commonly known test may not work. So will be a challenging task to find chamical presentation of values in bars
And its last option for me

Sounds like the best option, is to do more learning on your own.We have a saying "if you want it done right, do it yourself". The web is a great source of info. Stay away from most Youtube people. I have found many state of the art papers on all aspects of mining, milling, smelting, and refining on line.
Why are you using Iron for collector metal?
I have been in this industry for over 50 years. This forum has been an ever learning community, where information has been shared openly, honestly, accurately, and FREE. If somebody can help, they will. I have never seen any body hold back any "secretive " processes, for there really are none.

Thanks, the actual problem is the distance and problems involved to deliever material in acceptable labs.
Also SGS is also avail but in this tachnology time, selling data from any company is not out of considration. And its really a problem for miners.
If , if i have no help, i will preffer to have someone to check some iron bars that been used as collecter in smelt. Normal/commonly known test may not work. So will be a challenging task to find chamical presentation of values in bars
And its last option for me
As Goldshark say.
It may be beneficial to learn how to do some simple assays yourself.
Then you will not need to send something to a lab that has no values in it anyway.
Unless you are looking for other non PM values.
The books:
Introduction to Torch Assaying by Charles L. Butler and
A textbook of fire assaying by Edward E. Bugbee should be accessible as PDFs online.
This will teach you to do simple assays to get an idea of the content.

Sounds like the best option, is to do more learning on your own.We have a saying "if you want it done right, do it yourself". The web is a great source of info. Stay away from most Youtube people. I have found many state of the art papers on all aspects of mining, milling, smelting, and refining on line.
Why are you using Iron for collector metal?
I have been in this industry for over 50 years. This forum has been an ever learning community, where information has been shared openly, honestly, accurately, and FREE. If somebody can help, they will. I have never seen any body hold back any "secretive " processes, for there really are none.
Secracy was not about forum, though every one know here are many secrets too. Many refineries/ refiners not share process until they not find a more suitable process for same purpose.

Its already been on production scale, but half of material behave diffrently, might be on basis of its chamistry or whatever happening in smelt.
I am on it for to check what happens in half smelts that not allow values to drop.

Back