need help getting gold from ag out

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello every one i found your forum i have been out of this a few years went back to doing it again but having a bit of trouble i processed some cell phone boards in synthetic ag . heres my mix 1 quart distilled water to one quart muratic acid. added to 1 pint of potasseum nitrate and distilled water. heres problem all was stripped clean ag is nice color green.i used sodium bisulfate to persipitate the gold out yes before this i added urea.the bisufate i got from pool supply store its 93% bisulfate 3% inert ingrediant but had no change in color no smell. nothing seems to be happening. what have i missed need help. to get back on track thanks for input okay that explains it last time i bought it on line that explains it

bikesallotta147 said:
hello every one i found your forum i have been out of this a few years went back to doing it again but having a bit of trouble i processed some cell phone boards in synthetic ag . heres my mix 1 quart distilled water to one quart muratic acid.
Why?

bikesallotta147 said:
added to 1 pint of potasseum nitrate and distilled water. heres problem all was stripped clean ag is nice color green.
It is not Ag. It is mix of all possible metals in solution.

bikesallotta147 said:
i used sodium bisulfate to persipitate the gold out yes before this i added urea.the bisufate i got from pool supply store its 93% bisulfate 3% inert ingrediant but had no change in color no smell. nothing seems to be happening.
It should be Sodium metabisulfite

bikesallotta147 said:
what have i missed need help. to get back on track thanks for input
You missed this:
http://hotfile.com/dl/14623543/1cf7898/Refining_Precious_Metal_Wastes_C11.M_Hoke.pdf.htm

first of all, what you have created is Aqua Regia and im sure it did dissolve all the metal. now here's the problem, when you dissolve the tin (as in tin solder) this way it creates stannic acid. when you dissolve silver(as in silver solder) this way it creates silver chloride. i don't know where you received your instructions to do this process but it couldn't have been here.stannic acid is a waxy gelatinous mess to deal with and silver chloride is a white fluffy substance that is a pain in its own right. both make filtering of your material very hard to do.
test with stannous chloride to insure you have precious metals in your solution.
filter out all solids.
add sodium metabisulfite ( not bisulfate ) a little at a time and stir till you get a color change.
let stand until liquid is clear.
and read C.M. Hokes book

just wanted to say when i first came to this site i made lot of mistakes but after time of reading hokes and this forum i am producing gold from fingers,cpus, and ic chips .see what i did was stop asking questions and just read from wisdom of others. thank you geo,patnor,lazer steve, harold, butcher,and others i proably missed. its great forum if people would just sit back and use this great tool . i have found think and read first and re read then if all fails then ask but everything can be found here to any and all questions. thanks a million.also please give info how to donate to this site.

bikesallotta147 said:
just wanted to say when i first came to this site i made lot of mistakes but after time of reading hokes and this forum i am producing gold from fingers,cpus, and ic chips .see what i did was stop asking questions and just read from wisdom of others. thank you geo,patnor,lazer steve, harold, butcher,and others i proably missed. its great forum if people would just sit back and use this great tool . i have found think and read first and re read then if all fails then ask but everything can be found here to any and all questions. thanks a million.also please give info how to donate to this site.

Very good!

http://goldrefiningforum.com/donations.html

Latest posts

Back