Need help! Recovering of gold from Mercury/gold/sulfur Mixture!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abdelrahman405

I have a mixture of Mercury/gold/sulfur and want to separate them, especially recovering of gold from it.
What should I do?! :G

This job requires a mercury retort and a fume scrubber at a minimum.

PPE is also required.

This is not a task I would recommend for most.

Find a professional refiner and sell to them or have toll refined.

Depending on local laws shipping will be a major challenge.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have 200 lb of this resin. Rich in metals i need to extract the gold and platinum and Palladium and other's extracted out of it...
I need help
Where do i start????????

Attachments

• 20200319_085740.jpg
    20200319_085740.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 94
Depends on the resin. The values can be extracted for some and the resin regenerated, some the resin is not reusable. You could do it chemically or by furnace.

Have you had an analysis done by AA or ICP. What is in it will determine the best way to move forward.

Also the manufacturer of the resin could give you details on the extraction process for their resin.

Old buddy of mine died just before he was going to process this stuff which he referred burning the resin and said there was gold platinum and Palladium in this resin
.. I've got a company going to test it but the old man told me there was $750,000 worth of metals in this.. when I get it tested I'll let you know thanks

You can assay yourself: take a known quantity, react with AR, heat or add concentrated sulfuric acid to assist reaction, then precipitate the PM's from the liquids, including rinse water.

Latest posts

Back