Need lead

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escrap

Today we bought 7500 lbs of lead these are just two of the three pallets we bought. Thought i would put one in the back of the truck to give some weight for the snow storm that is coming. Haha.

Attachments

• IMG00063.jpg
    IMG00063.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG00064.jpg
    IMG00064.jpg
    506.1 KB · Views: 393
escrap said:
Today we bought 7500 lbs of lead these are just two of the three pallets we bought. Thought i would put one in the back of the truck to give some weight for the snow storm that is coming. Haha.

Most scrap dealers will not purchase any metals that have been melted by unknown persons.Best market for your lead is for those building a sailboat, with these guys you'll get a premium price. When its time to pour the keel, most guys at this point are anxious to finish their boat.

During the course of a house call to fix an appliance became friends with an retired German Tailor, he asked me out fishing, he had a Boston Waler that measured 12.5 ft long and had a 50 hp mercury incredible little boat.

One day out fishing I asked George how long he had the boat, he said that one day a flyer came in the mail announcing the boat show in Vancouver and he decided to attend. Bought the boat and brought it home, his wife gave him a choice her or the boat. He says that was 25 years ago and I still have the boat.

George was a bug, every weekend he would want to go out fishing, one Saturday I told him that I could not afford to be out every weekend, when he says Ahh don't worry, you just back the boat into the water, my pension comes in wither I'm sitting at home or out here and I would rather be fishing. My best sales were on weekends.

Harold_V builds houses and Castles, George built sail boats. I poured the lead for the 2nd and last boat he built before passing on. Being a retired tailor made his own sails and did his own upholstery. Yanmar diesel and all SS rigging.

The first sail boat he purchased turn key ready, lost it in Mexico on a reef all he came home with were the sails, 2nd boat he built was on the largish side and the last boat smaller with lots of sail built for speed.

Just some BS to lighten up your day.

gustavus said:
escrap said:

Most scrap dealers will not purchase any metals that have been melted by unknown persons.Best market for your lead is for those building a sailboat, with these guys you'll get a premium price. When its time to pour the keel, most guys at this point are anxious to finish their boat.

During the course of a house call to fix an appliance became friends with an retired German Tailor, he asked me out fishing, he had a Boston Waler that measured 12.5 ft long and had a 50 hp mercury incredible little boat.

One day out fishing I asked George how long he had the boat, he said that one day a flyer came in the mail announcing the boat show in Vancouver and he decided to attend. Bought the boat and brought it home, his wife gave him a choice her or the boat. He says that was 25 years ago and I still have the boat.

George was a bug, every weekend he would want to go out fishing, one Saturday I told him that I could not afford to be out every weekend, when he says Ahh don't worry, you just back the boat into the water, my pension comes in wither I'm sitting at home or out here and I would rather be fishing. My best sales were on weekends.

Harold_V builds houses and Castles, George built sail boats. I poured the lead for the 2nd and last boat he built before passing on. Being a retired tailor made his own sails and did his own upholstery. Yanmar diesel and all SS rigging.

The first sail boat he purchased turn key ready, lost it in Mexico on a reef all he came home with were the sails, 2nd boat he built was on the largish side and the last boat smaller with lots of sail built for speed.

Just some BS to lighten up your day.

You never forget the good friends. 8)

Yeah we are the same way, We don't like buying unless we know it is good stuff, We are good friends with the people that brought it in so it made things much easier. All this lead came from wheel weights. They still have another 7000+ lbs they are wanting to melt down.

You never forget them indeed.

That roll of sheet lead laying on top could be quite handy for a stripping cell.

Sheet lead is usually reasonably pure, much more so than wheel weights.

Steve I still have issues with pm in my desktop and taking out laptop is such a big pain... I have send you small envelope with small lead sample of say 10x10 cm. You will see if that material is suitable for you then give me details as lenght, height is 45cm and I will find out what postage will cost. I have put estimate of 3-4 kg on anpost webpage to calculate postage and it was 44euro what seems to be bit steep.

The shipping cost goes down but the material cost goes up.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#lead-sheets/=61s0q4

Click on catalog view top right to see more choices in thickness and size.

steve check your local hospital engineering dept, lead sheet used in walls and doors etc., around xray areas, usually some tore out from remodel's, while checking on this ask them about elctronic scrap, from ITS, or biomed engineering or old xray equipt.

Latest posts

Back