Need to get to my old user account

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurtak

Ok - last fall my old computer got hit by lightning & blew out my modem - at the same time I got real busy with moving from the joint venture I was working on with a scrap yard back to doing this at home which is why for a few months I was not here on the forum

When I finally got a new computer & got caught up on making the move I tried to log back onto the forum but for the life of me I could not remember my old pass word which is why I am back with a new user name

Anyway - when I first rejoined I sent Noxx a PM asking him if he could help me access my old account but have never heard back from him

The thing is that I have a lot of info (like contact info etc.) in my PMs of my old account that I would like to get to

Can any of you mods help me access my old account being as how I never heard back from Noxx

Kurt

Same thing here. Maybe the contact info is wrong? I'd also like to get back to my original account just because that name is under an Email address I actually use. I couldn't sign in again with a new username because that Email already had an account so had to use another Email address to get back on this forum.

Just a thought. This wouldn't be a good option for Kurt but IF ... IF a moderator would delete my original account (without deleting the messages posted under that account) could I then change my Email on this new account back to my original one?

Not actually the best option but it might be a "work around method" for my particular case. If a moderator could respond (here or PM) about this idea I would appreciate it.

Not sure, but I think you have to have Admin access to reset usernames and passwords. Global Mods, don't usually have that access.
Ken :|

If I remember correctly, Harold (?) has addressed this issue before and Noxx is the only one that has that access.

this is only an ADMIN ONLY function

NOXX will be your only hope, this has happened to me also. went through all you have & am still using the second username

take your username & password & email it to yourself, flag the message so it wont get lost.

keep all usernames & passwords safe & stay away from unknown software manufactures who will try to highjack your privacy.

is there no "forgot password" link?

That seems like that would be an efficient way to handle this problem.

Eric

etack said:
is there no "forgot password" link?

That seems like that would be an efficient way to handle this problem.

Eric
etack, I think there is a mod, that can be installed for password recovery, but the admin has to do it.
Ken

I just checked again and there is no "forgot password" button that I could find.

In the FAQ , it states:

I’ve lost my password!
Don’t panic! While your password cannot be retrieved, it can easily be reset. Visit the login page and click I’ve forgotten my password. Follow the instructions and you should be able to log in again shortly.

That feature must not have been added after the last update???

Latest posts

Back