New and learning

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rod lancaster

I am gaining the education to do the very same thing. I don't believe that I have the knowledge to get the metals out yet. I have burned some collected circuit boards and have separated out the ash, steel and copper. I am not throwing out anything just keeping them separate. I have just downloaded "Refining Precious Metals Wastes by CM. Hoke" and will study it. Devise a plan and run it through this community. I hope haven't screwed up yet I hope. Until I have the knowledge I will continue to burn the boards and separate the ashes, metal and copper.

I am so very impressed with this community and hope to use it to my advantage. I am able to collect up to 10lbs of circuit boards three time a week and they are starting to overtake my room. I get motherboards, circuit boards from game consoles, old telephones, and cell phones. I do believe that I can get a lot of precious metals from this waste and I will retrieve it. I have lots of circuit boards and some sulfuric acid, 25 lbs of sodium nitrate, and mirotic acid.

Well, it sounds like you have enough stuff to be dangerous. I'm not sure what mirotic acid is but it sounds bad too. Many of these acids give off fumes or vapors that are colorless and odorless but can cause serious damage or death by breathing them in. Please don't try to do anything until you know more about the risks involved.

rod lancaster said:
I am gaining the education to do the very same thing. I don't believe that I have the knowledge to get the metals out yet. I have burned some collected circuit boards and have separated out the ash, steel and copper. I am not throwing out anything just keeping them separate. I have just downloaded "Refining Precious Metals Wastes by CM. Hoke" and will study it. Devise a plan and run it through this community. I hope haven't screwed up yet I hope. Until I have the knowledge I will continue to burn the boards and separate the ashes, metal and copper.

I am so very impressed with this community and hope to use it to my advantage. I am able to collect up to 10lbs of circuit boards three time a week and they are starting to overtake my room. I get motherboards, circuit boards from game consoles, old telephones, and cell phones. I do believe that I can get a lot of precious metals from this waste and I will retrieve it. I have lots of circuit boards and some sulfuric acid, 25 lbs of sodium nitrate, and mirotic acid.

HI Rod, welcome to the forum, good to see you have started on hoke´s book , she will be of great help
Please do not double post , it will be deleted and it will not bring you friends.
burning boards is also not the way to go , cherry picking is much better. read some of the forum post and you will know why
It is much better to just keep the parts you can refine, such as fingers, cpu´s pins and capacitors, It will also much better for the environment since i don´t think you will have the right equipment for burning boards.

scm

And why do you want to burn boards?
Do you usually burn money you have or is it just for fun?
I do burn stuff but while I have no problem to burn IC chips I cant see any reasonable explanation for burning printed circuit boards unless it is some hobby of yours. I mean that if you plan to get money out of it then I must tell you that most of them went away in smoke already.

Latest posts

Back