New guy

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sryan0610

Hello my name is Shawn I'm from Wichita Kansas I'm 26 and I like long romantic walks on the beach.

Joking but. I've read a lot and still have months worth of reading to do on here but it's all very helpful so far.
Anyone live around me? I plan on becoming a big guy on this forum. Over time i plan to gain knowledge that I can use and build on then share with new people later. I just build if you can call it that a little mason Crete foundry no so good I haven't even finished it yet not sure I'm going to. I'd liken to melt aluminum and then steel and gold and all the other metals. I've looked at designs online and like to know what some of you guys on here are using pictures of what you have so I can borrow elements ofnyour design if that's ok or pointers. I'm thinking of Kast o lite 30 li plus and a burner with up to a 30 psi regulator. I'd like to and plan to build it myself but I have 3 kids under 5 so I might see if one of you would like to build on for me. I'd pay of course. I'd like to spend under 250 if that's possible not sure what you guys have spent on your setups.

Anyway thanks for all the information I've got from you so far and I'll keep reading and try not to repost.

3 kids under 5, man you have got your hands full. I recently adopted a 3 and 4 year old so i know what you mean. lol

Welcome to the forum Shawn.

Sryan0610 said:
Anyone live around me?

I'm in Ottawa, KS. A ways down the road. I've been looking into heat sources as well. My operation will be small but serious. I'm trying to determine if there is a point to making a multi-purpose unit that uses one heat source to melt metal, incinerate, and maybe even pyrolysis. After all the name of the game is efficiency. Maybe I can heat my shop as well :)

Palladium said:
3 kids under 5, man you have got your hands full. I recently adopted a 3 and 4 year old so i know what you mean. lol

I have a one year old we adopted as well. It's definitely a life changer.

Im starting this as a hobby that can turn into a side or main source of income not sure if that's possible but that's why I'm on here. I just found this forum a few days ago and can't get off of it in my free time. I'd really like to just be someone's apprentice. I like to learn and be hands on. I'm the type that will work for free if you teach me everything about the trade.

I've got two boys, not biological, from my first marriage. One is 21 the other is 17. Now that both of them have there own lives i find my life kind of boring. Yeah.... I know right. When they are teenagers and eating you out of house and home you can't wait to get them gone. Then once they are gone you want them back. I've survive many phases in my life and have come to understand that out of all the things i have done and seen only a few things really matter in the bigger picture. Now that i am recovered from my illness and am divorced as well as semi retired it gets lonely. True i do have my cats, but hey!!!, cats have a way of ignoring you sometimes. lol
So instead of getting a poodle i adopted 2 kids,3 and 4, both boys, Nick and Leland (brothers). They come from a dysfunctional family and background and deserve a better chance at life than that.

By far the best decision of my life, gives life meaning. I use to wonder why the bad things happened in my life. It's because it gives the good things meaning.

Palladium said:
By far the best decision of my life, gives life meaning. I use to wonder why the bad things happened in my life. It's because it gives the good things meaning.

So true!

Back