New guy

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey everyone. My name is Joe and I am a new member here as of yesterday. I am interested in cats. I have bought and sold them in the past but now am looking into refining my own as a side business.
My first move is to most lkely buy Steves' dvd. When I start a new project I jump in with both feet (sometimes thats a bad thing) and try to learn everything that I can to ensure success.
My first order of business has so far been to read, read and then read more. I am sincerely hoping that refining cats will proove to be a good move in the direction of profits vs selling cats whole.
If anyone has an opinion on this or can offer any help along the way I would gladly welcome any wisdom.
Looking forward to hearing from anyone/everyone.
Thanks
Joe

This is a tough one in my opinion. There are alot of factors that come into play here. I guess we could start with... on average how much do you get for your cats? How old are your cats? If I were you I would determine which cats have high PGM content and continue to sell the ones with lower content. I feel the labor involved in processing and refining the cats with lower PGM content offset the profit made. OR... you could just sell them all or a mixture of them on ebay. People seem to have no clue what they are doing on there and will pay ridiculous prices for cats. Just remain honest in whatever you choose.

Back