New mining/refining method for gold, platinum rhodium rare earth metals etc from ore, waste, etc.

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrochemgold

The past year ive been working on a new project that resulted in this. Theres alot to go into and im not too sure where to start so ill be glad to answer questions as much as possible. But the fundamentals is a way to dissolve and precipitate gold and other PGMS including rhodium from any scrap, ore, electronics, even mining waste. It uses HCL, salt, and electricity. Theres lots of improvements to further continue with and im still working on but I hope to release this so more people can start working on it, or those we are interested can help with getting this project accelerated

I’m no chemist or physicist but I believe putting extra chlorine into HCl and then adding electrical current produces free chlorine which dissolves most metals.

I’m no chemist or physicist but I believe putting extra chlorine into HCl and then adding electrical current produces free chlorine which dissolves most metals.
Not sure but I think the extra Chlorine is strictly not necessary, the current will split the HCl alone.
Still you need it to be cold and have a strong circulation.

I might be wrong with my thinking but the added salt provides the needed chlorine to dissolve the values for much longer.

I guess so, if one use the HCl alone it would deplete faster.
Thorough stirring, cold temperature and pressure would benefit the longevity of the Cl-.

If this is for commercial processing speed will be important so maintaining the chlorine level will need to be kept at decent levels.

Jon if I remember correctly we were using HCl and bleach in the barrel and it needed constant monitoring for ph levels and it changed very rapidly….

The sodium chloride turns into sodium chlorate which stays in the solution better. Doesnt evaporate easily as free chlorine. The PH stays very acidic, below 2. The solution is around 5% hcl. The salt in solution also helps alot with preventing degradation of the carbon electrodes. With otherwise exfoliate especially with the cheaper graphite. There is a balance though as too much salt and the gold gets stuck and doesnt plate out. Still experimenting with the variables

The sodium chloride turns into sodium chlorate which stays in the solution better. Doesnt evaporate easily as free chlorine. The PH stays very acidic, below 2. The solution is around 5% hcl. The salt in solution also helps alot with preventing degradation of the carbon electrodes. With otherwise exfoliate especially with the cheaper graphite. There is a balance though as too much salt and the gold gets stuck and doesnt plate out. Still experimenting with the variables
Do you add Hcl to the solution or is it just water and 5% NaCl? Tks u

Really like this project. I want to use a clean solution for extracting precious metals from e-waste which brings back the purpose of recycling.
Could you share a bit more details so that I could rebuild it for further testing with e-waste?
I really like to contribute but as a beginner I don't really know how apart from starting with your results

Latest posts

Back