New to gold and the forum

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photog Keith

Hi everyone

I've just gained an interest in gold reclaiming and processing, so thought I'd join to learn a little more and share my experience once I get going.

I look forward to chatting to everyone :)

Keith

Welcome Keith!
This is the best place for learning how to recover & refine precious metals,
starting with safety, all the way thru, how to dispose of your chemical waste.

The information is all here; all that is required from you is to read it, learn it & abide by it.
You can start with viewtopic.php?f=33&t=796&p=114823&hilit=steve#p6873
& then download a copy of C.M. Hoke's; its for free!

1. Refining Precious Metal Wastes C.M. Hoke http://tinyurl.com/mfnyhs
(REV) (Free Download)

Take care!

Phil

Thanks Phil,

I've certainly got a lot to learn but that's what I like doing. Out of interest, is it possible to refine say, PCBs or CPUs as a commercial business or are the processes highly regulated? I'll get reading today - Thanks again.

Keith

Photog Keith said:
Out of interest, is it possible to refine say, PCBs or CPUs as a commercial business or are the processes highly regulated?
The depth,and severity,of the regulations are contingent on the processing methods you choose to utilize.Obviously acid,and cyanide extraction are two of the most regulated methods.And we have many members,some that just learned how to process a couple of years ago,that now do this for a living,and do quite well.The hardest part about all of this,is aquiring material at a price where you have a decent profit.If you are able to aquire your material for free,then you are doing great.

Back