New type of electrolytic refining

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
Hi all. Some time ago I started to buy gold scrap and shortly invented a new process for electrorefining gold. I have some professional knowledge in chemistry. I just patented invention, but I do not know anybody in industry. This industry seems to me so small and well hidden. Could anybody help with whom I should speak? Companies, persons.

About invention. It will let to refine gold on anode without demolishing it, just will dissolve all base metals and silver from inside gold alloy anode leaving anode in a a pure gold form. Some other interesting staff also. Very convenient, not expensive procedure.
 

shyknee

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 1, 2008
Messages
428
Location
Canada
No disrespect. I just find it surprising that there is a better way after all.
 

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
Fournines said:
What is your patent number?

It is right now provisional application #61482989, not available for general public. If somebody have interest I will email to him the patent.
 

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
shyknee said:
No disrespect. I just find it surprising that there is a better way after all.

This is not my first, nor second patent. Although I never have one in this field.
 

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
Yes, I tested solution.

I am not sending patent till I get response from five person I already sent.
 

rusty

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 15, 2010
Messages
1,782
varords said:
Yes, I tested solution.

I am not sending patent till I get response from five person I already sent.

To protect your patent mail yourself and your lawyer a copy, do not open these when they arrive put them away and keep them safe. Then if someone infringes on your patent you have the sealed copy to back you up.

You never sent me a copy and I'm one of the five. Yes I would like to have a look at your patent, however I do not think that you have anything new that has not been tried before.

When the battery and dynamo were invented the boys and girls began to play.

Regards
Rusty
 

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
rusty said:
varords said:
Yes, I tested solution.

I am not sending patent till I get response from five person I already sent.

To protect your patent mail yourself and your lawyer a copy, do not open these when they arrive put them away and keep them safe. Then if someone infringes on your patent you have the sealed copy to back you up.

You never sent me a copy and I'm one of the five. Yes I would like to have a look at your patent, however I do not think that you have anything new that has not been tried before.

When the battery and dynamo were invented the boys and girls began to play.

Regards
Rusty
May be nothing new. But (with the exception two last members to whom I do not send), when I am sending something that takes me efforts to develop, I am expecting something back. At least simple thank you.
 

rusty

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 15, 2010
Messages
1,782
varords said:
rusty said:
varords said:
Yes, I tested solution.

I am not sending patent till I get response from five person I already sent.

To protect your patent mail yourself and your lawyer a copy, do not open these when they arrive put them away and keep them safe. Then if someone infringes on your patent you have the sealed copy to back you up.

You never sent me a copy and I'm one of the five. Yes I would like to have a look at your patent, however I do not think that you have anything new that has not been tried before.

When the battery and dynamo were invented the boys and girls began to play.

Regards
Rusty
May be nothing new. But (with the exception two last members to whom I do not send), when I am sending something that takes me efforts to develop, I am expecting something back. At least simple thank you.

Couldn't agree with you more on that account, the courtesy to say thank you escapes most forum members.

I'm not going to apologize for the rudeness of others, I bare no ill will towards you for not forwarding a copy of your patent.

Best Regards
Rusty
 

varords

Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
22
varords said:
rusty said:
varords said:
Yes, I tested solution.

I am not sending patent till I get response from five person I already sent.

To protect your patent mail yourself and your lawyer a copy, do not open these when they arrive put them away and keep them safe. Then if someone infringes on your patent you have the sealed copy to back you up.

You never sent me a copy and I'm one of the five. Yes I would like to have a look at your patent, however I do not think that you have anything new that has not been tried before.

When the battery and dynamo were invented the boys and girls began to play.

Regards
Rusty
May be nothing new. But (with the exception two last members to whom I do not send), when I am sending something that takes me efforts to develop, I am expecting something back. At least simple thank you.

I sent a copy to you. Thank you for understanding.
 

seawolf

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 18, 2010
Messages
285
I have received a copy and I am in the process of reading it now.
I do thank you for sending it to me. I hope I did not miss lead you I am a nubee at refining and you may wish to send this information to some of the more experienced refiners on the forum. I will not forward or discuss the information with others on or off the forum until it is known the patent is properly filed and approved. I am not in a position to readily make use of the information. Again I thank you.
Mark
 

aflacglobal

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
1,512
Location
ozone
I really don't see any advantage of the process. Not trying to shoot you down just reading it for what it is. None of your experimental numbers hit the .995 mark which is industry standard purity. To me this is the mark you hit for qualifying as refining. Anything below that to me qualifies as recovery. All those steps and procedures your invention takes you through and you still have to process it again to clean it up. You mention mixing 24k gold and 24k silver by quartering the gold, forming an anode, making a solution of silver nitrate, adding excess nitric, and then applying a current. This was supposed to produce gold sponge and silver crystals on the cathode. You could just take the nitric you used and dissolve the silver without all those extra steps. Then you can use copper to recover the silver. Both of these can be done quickly. You stated run times of 40, 24, and 5 hours in the nitric process i just stated. Then on top of that it's still needs more refining. I just don't see many advantages over standard refining operating procedures. That was a controlled experiment with just two pure elements. With karat gold it can be a circus of what is and isn’t going to be in that mix. Maybe someone else will read it different.
 
Top