Newb from AZ

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creth

So after several hours searching for knowledge (lots gained lots still to learn) i ran across a post from steve saying take the guided tour. so here's step 2. My name is Creth (sweet huh?) I live in AZ and have been looking into refining for about 2 years. Finally got the go ahead to gie it a try from the wife (didn't try hard). So now i'm putting forth the efffort to learn all this cool stuff. I have a friend that owns a scrap yard that is allowing me so poundage of CPU's to learn all this on. Hopefully, it turns out well down the road.

You can do it, creth! I have long believed one can teach a monkey to refine---it's a matter of following a well documented procedure.

Do yourself a big favor and start reading Hoke's book.

No, it won't tell you how to process e scrap.

What it will do is familiarize you with refining techniques, as well as chemicals and testing procedures. If you study Hoke until she makes sense, you should be able to process virtually anything you encounter, using the basic knowledge you will have gained from her book. You can then turn your attention to the incredibly good information posted on this forum, much of which revolves around working around the need for specific chemicals, now often very difficult to obtain, and prohibitively expensive when they are (nitric acid, for example).

Welcome to the forum.

Harold

Latest posts

Back