Newbee in Connecticut

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklopsy

Supporting Member
Hi everyone

My name is Brooks and I seriously failed at my first attempt to refine 10 P-pro's using the Shor system (finished with .7grs melted.) My understanding is that I refined 7% of what I should have. Instructions included in kit are very poorly written and lack any troubleshooting detail. Found you guys on utube and I wish to understand what went so wrong in my first attempt.

What base metal is in Pentium Pro's.

I mixed ratio of 1lb sub zero to half a gallon of Muriatic acid and added cpus with caps off, right away. Performed ouside on hot plate because I live in CT. I used plastic mesh for ease of inspection. Dissolving took place fairly quickly but left in solution for three hours beacuse i'm a newbee. During course, I noticed the change of appearance to sub zero from crytles to sluge. Even after filtering with paint screen/filter (plastic) two times, sentiment still continued to accumalate. I had a continuos build up of sludge that was very yellow in color. Otherwise, PH was good when participant was added just didn't get what I wnated.

I saved waste to re-attempt. Please help the new guy on the block. Thanks guys. Brooks

Back