Newbie question on electronics

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonjovi0308

Hello all, my name is Sam from Hong Kong. I'm working on a serious school project and wonder if the experts here can offer me any guidance:

How much silver is contained in electronics?

For example, I found approximately 0.35 gram of silver in each Iphone 6.

How much silver (in grams) are contained in other electronics like computers, washing machine, air conditioner etc.?

Is there any place I can find these information?

Thank you very much!!

Sam welcome to the forum.
Silver is one of the most utilised precious metals it is used in thousands of applications in many many different industries.
Because silver is of such low value compared to the cost of recovering it it rarely features heavily in yield data from the majority of the members from the forum?
The vast majority of the silver that can be recovered will be from material sent to the copper refiners who refine much of the computer and electronic scrap that is too low grade for it to be worthwhile to be refined alone.
You may get an idea of the volume of silver recovered from the copper refiners if they will speak to you but as an individual breakdown per item or category I doubt but I wish you luck.

Latest posts

Back