NICKEL

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny309

Have you consider Ni a worthfull metal to recover?
From the Kovar aloy from pins.......or from accumulators....Ni-Cd or Ni-MH.
Is there any way to do that?

Nickel is a valuable metal. I think the process to produce it as a metal from our spent solutions is to say the least difficult.

Abstract
High-purity nickel is mainly produced by electrowinning from sulphate and chloride solutions in the presence of high concentrations of boric acid as a buffer. The generally used pH is in the range 3–4 if Ni concentration in the electrolyte is higher than 10 g/l. Lower Ni concentration, as in the case of either industrial liquid effluents and in situ low grade Ni ore leaching, needs pH values ranging from 10 to 11 in order to hinder the evolution of hydrogen. Ni electrowinning from acidic and alkaline solutions is studied to determine in both cases the best operative conditions. Particularly Ni concentration, additive presence, pH values, temperatures, cathode material, current density and voltage, to be used in the case of low Ni concentration, have been considered to obtain low energy requirements together with pure nickel having a good morphology.

Keywords: Ni electrowinning; Hydrometallurgy; Waste processing

Thank for this ....up-to-date answer....but is the answer the same in the case of high level of nickel presence like in drill accu as a form of ni-cd and ni-mh on the old phone?

Would do better a mechanichal recovery for the accu that are very large?
My only interest was to recovery Ni from the spent solution (from gold recovery of gold...aka kovar from pins)........I saw the price of Ni on LME and it s seems to worth trouble with it..
With a good recovery process

P.S.
do not throw your spent solution away......it much more to recover .,,,,,,,,I will try try to get a way to do this
I do not like chemistry for such many years ........a meet a caling.......

SORRY for double post

Latest posts

Back