Not sure Brownish after stannous

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2000

Hi, I got color brownish after giving stannous to my AR.

I clean using weak HCL (clean the Fe), and filter it, the rest on the filter put on AR, and check after few hour the color of stannous test from yellow color (not orange) to be brownish...

I just not sure as i expected is AU..

Regards

Joel

Attachments

• bahan-dengan-tanpa-stannous.jpg
    bahan-dengan-tanpa-stannous.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 186
Looks like a false positive to me. SMB can precipitate palladium if there is an excess of SMB in solution when the gold drops. It will also precipitate copper at the end of a gold drop. If you test a sample with stannous chloride and it still has SO2 gas in solution, it will make a brown stain to appear.

Stannous with sulphur compounds can give a brown stain. What is your starting material? Give a bit of a background.

Göran

g_axelsson said:
Stannous with sulphur compounds can give a brown stain. What is your starting material? Give a bit of a background.

Göran

Thanks goran, it's possible sulphur...its from ore powder...
Because i dont clean the sulphur first...

This link is related to this post, also my link about cleaning Fe + Sulphur...using HCL with or without incenerating first,..
http://goldrefiningforum.com/~goldrefi/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=23169&p=243199#p243199

Btw, i will start incenerating/roasting the powder from ore first, and re test...

Latest posts

Back