• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Gold Refining Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Ore

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When melting ores with fluxes it is called Smelting, and if you are going to start something like this is will be a significant investment.
And a proper assay is necessary long before that.

Please repeat the Stannous tests on presumed pregnant solution and preferably on something white.

Additionally I want to know your study progress on the recommended readings.
Know anyone who might donate some assay services? i will travel but want to be smart about it

No, I'm on another continent.
Are you avoiding my study questions???
Not at all. I've been researching everything I can find online for about 2 1/2 years after I saw an interesting glimmer from a dirty rock in the beautiful mountain waters. I'm actually not allowed to open any more windows in my internet cause I think if I leave it open ill remember to go back to it but then I'm researching some other aspect and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Its just so complex and id really just love to consult with some experts to figure the simplest and best way of retrieving it. I should head to the library but I don't know if that's the best way to learn and absorb for myself but there's so many different directions I could go just want to make sure its a good next step. Which continent?

Not at all. I've been researching everything I can find online for about 2 1/2 years after I saw an interesting glimmer from a dirty rock in the beautiful mountain waters. I'm actually not allowed to open any more windows in my internet cause I think if I leave it open ill remember to go back to it but then I'm researching some other aspect and I've enjoyed every bit of it. Its just so complex and id really just love to consult with some experts to figure the simplest and best way of retrieving it. I should head to the library but I don't know if that's the best way to learn and absorb for myself but there's so many different directions I could go just want to make sure its a good next step. Which continent?
Internet has no windows, your browser usually have.

So please answer these questions:
1 Have you read C.M. Hokes book on refining? It is free for Download on the forum.
2 Have you studied the safety section on the forum?
3 Have you read the section on dealing with waste on the forum?

4 Next do you know the colors of the different solutions, Gold, Palladium and Platinum?
Do you know the colors of positive Stannous for the same?

5 Why do you add Ammonium Chloride to your solutions, and do you know the proper procedures for using it?

Well this is a starter.

Internet has no windows, your browser usually have.

So please answer these questions:
1 Have you read C.M. Hokes book on refining? It is free for Download on the forum.
2 Have you studied the safety section on the forum?
3 Have you read the section on dealing with waste on the forum?

4 Next do you know the colors of the different solutions, Gold, Palladium and Platinum?
Do you know the colors of positive Stannous for the same?

5 Why do you add Ammonium Chloride to your solutions, and do you know the proper procedures for using it?

Well this is a starter.
I have read and am rereading certain parts of hokes I even printed a copy and again have been discovering some contradictions in regards to palladium. i have proper gloves, respirator and goggles working outdoors since i dont have a fume hood using a fan and pointing away from people and structures. chlorine gas is something you only get a whiff of once. i have a stock pot for liquids and filters. Palladium seems to been orange to brown in solution fading to urine yellow when most has precipitated. i believe i had a slight greenish and/or yellow color for the stannous. gold is yellow in aqua regia with a black to purple color on stannous but that's still something I've only read about

Latest posts

Back