Palladium precipitation

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes. I didn't think of palladium cementing with silver by using copper. Then better just to add this solution in to stockpot and find something else to do. :) Maybe making stannous...or moonshine. Thanks Orvi!

I just have to add that information is available but thinking and understanding is another thing. Talking of myself.. 😉

Convert the palladium to an oxide with sodium hydroxide first. I've seen it done with sodium carbonate but I don't understand it that well. Allow the palladium oxide to settle and decant the spent solution. I try to rinse with distilled water. If you have enough time, it best to let it settle and siphon. Add water to cover the salt and heat until the beaker is slightly too hot to touch with your fingers starting out. Add the formic acid in small doses and let it react while stirring. Repeat until you add formic acid and it does not react. The conversion will be complete. It's best to do this in a fume hood or wearing a respirator. Wear gloves and all other appropriate PPE's.
Vry nice i nfo bro thnk u so much

Back