Pd cementing not working

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lino1406

On whit pins don´t grow copper on them, only darker pins.

It seems I am one step closer. I found that best ph for cementing on copper is 2-3. At the moment I made solution ph4 and sms that most of copper and nickel is removed from solution. Ph treated solution is still red coffee color as it should be?

Rgards
Rayn

Are you sure these are not military beryillium copper or phosphor bronze.? The white is fire suppression. Used in airplanes. Civilian as well.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper

Hi.

I find a way how remove plating from pins so I don´t need to dissolve all metals. I removed plating in NaOH and SMB solution used 3.0V (graphite anode and stainless steel cathode). It took 4 days to remove plating of these soviet pins.

After that I got about 200gm of black powder. I treated it with diluted aqua regia so silver will be left behind. After aqua regia there was only about 30 gm light grey powder left. As I tested AR solution with stannous there was light orange/red result. As solution is green I tested with ammonia and it show that copper is in it as well changed hp with ammonia and checked nikel with DMG and there was light rose sediment.

Thing is that this aqua solution have some kind of grey crystals after it become in room temperature and these crystals are growing. Can it be that silver went to AR solution and it coming out now. Or is some other metal behave like that. If someone can give me a little information as if it is Osmium or some other kind of dangerous metal then I leave it and not dealing with it.

I add a pictures of process

1. deplating pins
2. collected plating in filter
3. powder treated with Nitric (test)
4. AR test with stannous
5. Crystals after AR cooling to room temperature.
6. Crystals pic 2 in test tube

Please if someone have information of situation then please let me know.

Regards

Ain

Pics of process

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 298
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 298
Hi.

Today I tested my grey sediment what was left after AR treatment with Ammonia so I can recover silver as chloride. As AR was first treatment of collected black mud from electrolysis then I was sure that this light gray mud left after AR is silver as chloride.

After treatment with Ammonia I found that it does not dissolve in it. Seems this gray powder is not silver chloride but silver as metal. As well was copper in it as ammonia turned blue. If it´s metallic, seems that other option is test it with nitric, to find out is it silver. As I understand Ammonia nitrate and nitric can make a explosion so good wash is needed.

Hook don´t give much about rare PGM´s and stannous don´t give any indication of metal presented. Maybe somebody have knowledge how to test Iridium. As i read Iridium powder can be flammable so this I want to avoid.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 217
Back