Pheeee..yeewww! That's a stinker!

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oz said:
There is nothing wrong with networking to find prosperity or self sufficiency. That is much of what this forum is about, albeit something that revolves around precious metals.

I have never withheld help from someone that has proven they are willing to help themselves.

If you truly wish to stay where you are and think refining could be the key to that, do not hesitate to ask on here for help in accomplishing your goals.

Many are in the same position in this economy. I do fear that too many on this forum pin their hopes on refining thinking they will make a fortune.

Then there are those that are more realistic without thinking they will get rich but hang on too long thinking they will make a living with electronic scrap on a small scale.

As a supplemental income it may make sense depending on your raw material costs (I myself do not accept electronic scrap unless it is free, even then it may set for months while I process more profitable materials).

In short, I wish you the best in your endeavors and think this is a more than appropriate topic. Many here are just trying to figure out how to get by. It seems that you are a realist, but the question not asked is always the one not answered.
Now to me this reply is what this forum is about, support and help without any personal gain well said......

Yeah, I think that was a pretty good reply, myself. And I'm happy to say that I have tons of e-scrap to keep me busy until I can't stand doing it anymore. I've got what us e-scrappers call a lot of "cleaned gold". A couple of 5 gallon buckets worth at least. (like 5-7 of 'em). And tons of boards still untouched. I've never done anything but e-scrap. I used to live in Mountain View in the Bay Area, and I knew all the back-streets of Silicon Valley. 2 truckloads a night full of computers! That was between 1980-1993. I loved it! It was so much fun! Hazmat basically told me to leave M.V. Said I couldn't have a recycling business in the residential zone. So I moved to the Sierra foothills. And took ALL my scrap with me. I think I was 36 then. Still a kid with no real responsibilities.
And I've always used my refining as just a supplement income, but lately, since my hubby hasn't worked in the last 3 months(?), it's been the only income. And I know we can't consider it our sole income, so we gotta move. It took me a long time to wise up and try the less expensive methods. And I always say, I love this forum! And even if I get a lecture now and then, you guys have got to be the nicest people to take all the time you do to help us backyard refiners!

Yvonbug, electronics as you know has small return for the volume of labor and time, maybe hubby can get set up to test, and buy scrap jewelery, that should give more return for time involved. were there is a will there is a way.

I have heard that some folks were still making a living prospecting in Ca. until the dredging was outlawed.
Stake yourself a claim!

Mark

oregon is fixing to loose their mining rights, given to the people by federal law, to use public land, soon if we don't do something, well what right's we still have left, that has not been either taken or not twisted up in red tape' and beuracratic horse manure, if we don't quit printing money, and borrowing money from china we are in big trouble of even losing our pivate property we rent from the government in taxes, or owe to the failing banking systems, Is this enviromental push all a hoax to wrap up or natural resource's? for what? collaterol for national debt, if so when will we have to pay these loans.

Latest posts

Back