Pink == Manganese ???

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMG

I see that Manganese Sulfate is pink, are there any other compounds that are pink?
Background:
I heated conc. Sulfuric with black sands for quite a few hours and made a fairly concentrated FeSO4 solution (with whatever else dissolved). Then I let it cool and proceeded to try to regenerate my H2SO4 and plate out the iron via electrolysis.
Into the mix, I stuck a clay pot with ammonium sulfate anolyte and a lead anode, and put in an iron cathode into the FeSO4 mix.
This was a setup someone used on a patent, except they used a nafion membrane instead of a clay pot.
So things proceeded and I started noticing the anolyte changing to a light pink color.
The only thing I could find that was pink and somewhat relevant was manganese sulfate. I'm not to sure how it could have made its way into the anolyte. Maybe the clay pot itself is breaking down or something.

So my question is: Does anyone know other things that are pink that this could be?

Latest posts

Back