Plated pins

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imran

Which method do you prefer for plated pins; AP, Cell deplating, Nitric or maybe cyanide or any other. I have a few pounds of mid grade pins and some high grade. I think that cell deplating is best. Do you agree? What process do you prefer? I'd love to hear your opinion, it will be appreciated

EDIT: Well i understand that cyanide is best for plated metals but it is very hard to get

reverse electroplating is the best option for gold plated metal if done correctly there is very little waste and the electrolyte can be reused.

It's all a matter of opinion and how much you want that gold and how quick.
As Geo said the sulphuric cell is quick and uses little acid but it has it's dangers with concentrated sulphuric near the top of my acids to be very wary off.
AP is slow but sure and if you are likely to be running more plated material will be easy to revive it for almost endless use and the acid is less harmful.
Cyanide by it's very nature is to be avoided for very obvious reasons unless you have a really sound awareness of it's dangers and are very competent at handling and disposing of it safely, it gives no second chances!

Thank you very much for your opinion. I understand that cyanide is dangerous but as long as you folow safety procedures you have nothing to fear; the only problem i think is how to obtain cyanide

For now i think i will use cell deplating; maybe i will try with cyanide later

PS: Sorry for bad english

Imran

Latest posts

Back