precipitates with smb

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthur kierski

i have an Ar solution with some gold-----i expect 3grams of gold( this is an example) ,so i add 3grams of smb-----the brown gold precipitates is 7grams-----what is the additional 4grams of brown material? this happens often to me------what is smb precipitating additionally with the gold?
thanks for coments?
Arthur

this material is basically done with 2 ar process-----the first ar is tested with stanous chloride and the results is blank(no precious metals)-----the second ar gives a very deep purple black with stanous----- lots of gold------after precipitating with the smb and testing with stannous the solution again give blank results

from cellphones chips and other boards chips------of course separated ----board chips or cellphone chips----the problem arises in board chips(cards,mother boards-----less in cellphones chips

There are a bunch of fillers used in the plastic compound the packages are cast from. Perhaps this problem is related to one or several of them?

It does go away on the second AR treatment?

Hi guys
Hope your Xmas. Is good
now I know I'm new but

2 Ar processes
Dud I miss somerhing
Hey not to get of subject
Geo
did you ever get an answer. About the
Sulfer dioxide from Dr Poe
thanks steyr223

There are occasions when dissolving base metals with values in AR can be used to advantage, it's a trick that needs good understanding and constant monitoring as you dissolve all the metals including the values but stop before all the base metals are consumed which allows the values to cement back out leaving a barren solution but always test for values before discarding. Harold has a post about this very procedure, it's rarely used but can have it's place in our processes.

Corrected for spelling inaccuracy...

qst, the liquid tested in 2nd ar gives blank with stannous---- always till now
regards,
Arthur
it is not the first time that i write a thread about precipitating more powder with smb then expected-----and until (if the forum permits) i will not find a reasonable answer,i will continue with my questioning.
by the way, i try all sugestions(solutions) given to me
regards
Arthur

arthur kierski said:
i have an Ar solution with some gold-----i expect 3grams of gold( this is an example) ,so i add 3grams of smb-----the brown gold precipitates is 7grams-----what is the additional 4grams of brown material? this happens often to me------what is smb precipitating additionally with the gold?
thanks for coments?
Arthur

Tellurium. Dr. Poe :|

Dr. Poe said:
arthur kierski said:
thanks for coments?
Arthur

Tellurium. Dr. Poe :|
If that be the case, shouldn't it be driven off as red fumes if incinerated? (Or am I thinking selenium?)

Harold

Arthur - what are you basing the "expected" return of 3 grams on - another words is it possible that you are getting a better then "expected" return.

Chips can vary a lot from batch to batch as not all chips are created equal.

Kurt

Was this pure smb,it did it contain sodium hyposulfite(as in Super Rust-out)?If it did not contain sodium hyposulfite,is it possible it contained anything else?Have you checked the solution with stannous to verify that it is barren?Have you checked the precipitates,to verify that it is gold?

This page lists some of the inorganic fillers that might be included in chip packages.

Antimony perhaps? A couple are calcium compounds. I seem to recall (from the forum) under certain conditions calcium can cause problems?

http://www.mdacomposites.org/mda/psgbridge_cb_materials4_other_constituents.html

the precipitant is smb----- perhaps i did not explain well----i am not assuming nothing-----what i am saying is : i have an ar solution with gold chloride in it----when i add smb to it,gold precipitates and wth the gold another powder precipitates together-----by my thoughts, only gold should precipitate----- i do not think that it is telurium---the gold comes from plated (fantasy jewllery), or black ic or processors(ceramic)-----the material which i work with,usually is put in nitric to eliminate ag , pd and base metals and then after washings the powder left , it goes thru ar-----the example given is just to try to explain better--- 3grams of smb (i learned in the forum) would precipitate 3grams or 4grams of gold----not 3 grams or 4grams of gold plus 4 or 5grams of other things-----thanks and regards,
Arthur

Latest posts

Back