Precipitating my AP ??

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteski

Very new and learning

Have done extensive reading, searching, and watching videos.

Taking small baby steps, right now I am concentrating on foil recovery.

Experimenting with game foils(Sega, Nintendo, etc), I have noticed that my Acid/Peroxide solution is dissolving alot of the gold, particulary the thin gold on the card face below solder mass.

Wondering whats the best way to recover that disolved gold in the AP, after numerous boards being processed, should I dilute/filter the AP and ad SMB???
Just dont want to let any gold get away

Truly apologize if this has been asked and answered, I did try to search for it.

Appreciate the time and effort that this forums puts into its articles

Thank you in advance :lol:

Helo Peteski , how are tricks?
I hope your well!
If your confident that you have dissolved some foils into your AP solution (too much H202?) , just add some more trimmed fingers to the bucket.
The extra copper should help to saturate your solution and will precipitate any dissolved gold as a fine black powder.
I hope that that can help chief!
All the best with it , and kind regards ,
Chris :mrgreen:

I think that he mean loss of foils from flash plated cards or fingers. They are not essentially dissolved into solution, sometimes plating is so thin it will disintegrate in fine powder like particles. You just need to leave AP to settle down and decant as much as you can without disturbing settled particles on the bottom. Filter that and your gold will be there.

Some people use too strong oxidizer or too much of it so some gold really dissolve - then do what Kuma suggested - just use your AP over and over with more and more scrap and copper will replace any dissolved gold in solution.
Do not be tempted to use more oxidizer or stronger one to speed up your process. You will have it done faster but you will also dissolve some gold which will remain in solution till it will be saturated with copper.
I use ratio 1:5 max to 1:10 of 3% H2O2 and HCl
Sometimes I use only 10% strong HCl and it works for me fine. Maybe slower but safe and sound.

Thank you all for the replys.

Test did reveal gold in solution

Was using 1 cup hcl: 1/4 cup h2o2, will cut h2o2 by half.

Yes I am refering to the flash plated cards

You guys are great!!!

Steve your site and vids are an invaluble asset to me

Hi1 just decanted and took the debris powder/slime from the bottom of one of my ap buckets, I recovered four grams gold that had probably came from flash plating.
It don't go nowhere! and you get it eventually!
artart47

Latest posts

Back