processing witches brew

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shel8483

So I gathered all of my mistakes cemented every down steamed it off in a crock pot now i pretty much have tar in there. Put some in a cruciable and heated with a torch till it was glowing and stopped smoking. crushed it up and have it in acid peroxide. will this take out the base metals It turned green and there is black powder in the bottom. Can I rinse this and dillolve in hcl/bleach. I think I burned out some impurities as it smoked like crazy then quit after awhile. I was going to put hcl right on the muck in the crock pot but a noxious cloud of gas came out (really bad) so I had to put a little water in to dilute acid. but if i torch a little at a time I can get away with that.

Butcher has some excellent tutorials on how to deal with your cemented material. Use search box, look for cementing and butcher. Reading Hoke's book on precious metal wastes is a must as well. You will learn the why's and how's of what you are doing. Very steep learning curve, but well worth the time.

Hokes book is the key, doing her getting acquainted experiments gives you an understanding of how metals react, also getting the general idea of how Hoke teaches you to deal with different materials, she also teaches you the basics of dealing with almost any material, my posts just apply Hokes teachings to electronic scrap, if electronic scrap was popular when she wrote the book she would have had a chapter On it I am fairly sure, but her principles cover it any way.

butcher said:
Hokes book is the key, doing her getting acquainted experiments gives you an understanding of how metals react, also getting the general idea of how Hoke teaches you to deal with different materials, she also teaches you the basics of dealing with almost any material, my posts just apply Hokes teachings to electronic scrap, if electronic scrap was popular when she wrote the book she would have had a chapter On it I am fairly sure, but her principles cover it any way.
Can the readers see why Butcher was appointed a moderator?

Harold

Latest posts

Back