ProspectorMO by way of Nm by way of MO

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtectr

hey to all ! honor to be among such a savvy group. born in MO, moved to NM when in teens, prospected a bunch, even found a FEW things! there i met a guy at local USGS, who replied, when i searched out, found & sampled an old 20's era Manganese prospect, "Ha! You're a prospector!", as in, not just a gold hunter, (lots of them nowadays, eh what?) but a digger for ANyTHINg of value.

Worked with metal fab & foundry, studied geology (some) and have always followed chemistry.

Job moved me back to MO (miss the opportunities & frankly, the vistas of NM (anything seems like a practical endeavor there) now unemployed, & semi-disabled, and Providence guided me here, methinks.

one thing i learned while researching in Nm is there are LOTS of kinds of treasure. you just have to know whats of value. they say miners in Cripple creek got upset about blue slime mucking up their gold sluices & threw away tons of it - somebody came along & recognized its value for silver content.

go figure. here's a pic of me & my best & forever friend Toby (i'm the one on the right)
EDIT: there is no one on the right! i'm the one in the hat.

Attachments

• scan004.jpg
    scan004.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 61
Welcome to the forum. You will find some interestind indivduals interested in the same things you are here on the forum. And I bet there are a couple here that live in your state that can guide you on where to go look for treasure if you are still able to. Here in Arkansas below you there are Quartz rocks( that are not cheap), we have diamonds, and we have gold somewhere if I remember right. Opporunity is where you find it don't let your circumstance dictate your future you are in charge of your own fate.

Thanks for the warm welcome, gang.
Thanks to gustavus for help with resizing my photo.
Barrenrealms thanks for the invite to check out your state - i canoed the Buffalo 15 yrs ago - too beautiful for words. And really, you guys (& gals, maybe?) are prospectors, too. though some of you do it for a living, there are other ways to do that. its exciting to find something of value (treasure, if you will) where others see nothing but junk.
silverpro - i live in St. Joe, about 40 mi. N of KC & right on the Missouri River.

I like that gold vial you are sitting next to, how long does it take to fill it?

Welcome to the forum.

Back