Pt/pd chlorate, chloride, sponge

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayer-PGM

Hey guys can you please tell me the difference between platinum sponge, Platinum chloride and platinum chlorate. I have lasersteve cd so I can take that refrence. I mean when you add those hcl/cl and do a filter what is that called and after adding zinc what's that called and finally after re disolving those pgm in fresh aqua reiga what is that called?? Also can a sponge be reconverted in to chloride or chlorate?? Or from chlorate to sponge?

Sorry for the stupid questions but just needed for the info.

Please tell me, there are no children playing between your chemicals and you do not toss your waste out into the streets or the next river, like I have seen it on TV in a documentation about leather "industry" in Bangladesh!

You are refining catalysts in a professional scale and you own the courage to ask questions, that even wikipedia would answer with a few clicks? Some people think the mods are too harsh, - I admire their patience. Holy ....!

I am trying to answer those questions so far I understand, what you mean:

pgm sponge - what is left after thermal decomposition of/calcination of pgm compounds
platinum chloride - PtCl4, an ionic compound of a platinum cation with four chlorine anions around
never heard about platinum chlorate....if you find some, don't mix it with flammable or otherwise easily reduced materials!

I mean when you add those hcl/cl and do a filter what is that called
recovering?

and after adding zinc what's that called
precipitation, cementation, displacement/single replacement reaction, electron transfer

finally after re disolving those pgm in fresh aqua reiga what is that called??
refining? oxidation?

Also can a sponge be reconverted in to chloride
platinum sponge is fine elemental platinum powder and can easily be dissolved again to platinum chlorides, chloroplatinic acids or other compounds.

Its chloride is volatile, it has to be converted first before calcining

Since I have tried to answer the questions like a good boy, now I think, I am allowed to say: Read Hoke and use the search function !

At this point, I revert to "if you have to ask, don't work with platinum salts!"

and yes Mr. solar_plasma: you are allowed to say it.

Latest posts

Back