Question about Gold video

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizingfire

I was watching a video on youtube and the kid used the Aqua Regina on some CPU parts and after the reaction was done he added magnesium strips until the acid stopped bubbling and then filtered out the slurry and let it dry. He claimed the end result was gold, it was a brownish powder but he didn't have anything to melt it with. My question is this really feasible and was the result pure gold or was it some sort of alloy with Gold and magnesium? The only reason why I ask is if this actually works then it seems a lot less complicated than the other methods I have seen. Thank you for your time.

go with the compliquated way... as someone already said ,if it is compliquated and we all use it ,theyr must be a good reason.. it work...

i didnt see the video but even if you would kill nitric and cement gold out. you will also cement your base metal(everything) out and you would return at the beginning
the best if you go that way is to cement with copper and not magnesium.you will kill nitric but recover mostly pm (my reactivity serie dont show everything)
after that if you want you would be able to refine you gold realy easily or sell it as dore bar

Rizing, do a search on "Reactivity Series".

Here is a place to start:

http://goldrefiningforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13278&p=133462&hilit=reactivity+series#p133462

Take care!

Phil

Please! don't follow MOST YouTube videos. They are not done by people with a total understanding of the correct processes and you could wind up with a mess. On a daily basis people come here and say that they followed a video and now they want someone to tell them how to fix their mess. Read Hokes book, and other directives listed on some of the members signature lines. You won't get any better advice anywhere on the net as you will here. Take your time and do some research HERE and you'll find all of your answers. Follow the directions given by the members HERE and you will soon be doing things right!

Wasn't there a young gentleman here the other day that saw a similar, possibly the same video, and came here with AR in a metal can wondering what to do with it? Someone should find that video and let the poster know the dangers he is spreading around. How many people will get hurt or die from watching that video? :|

What that video showed by dropping out the gold with magnesium combined dropping the gold with dropping the base metals. So did he drop the gold? Yes. Did he selectively drop the gold? Not even close.

Made for good video because the pile of "gold" he dropped from a small circuit was impressive. Enough to give gold fever to the uninformed for sure. In reality he created a mess for himself and would have better spent his time learning how to do it right before making a movie to lead others astray.

Rizingfire said:
I was watching a video on youtube and the kid used the Aqua Regina on some CPU parts and after the reaction was done he added magnesium strips until the acid stopped bubbling and then filtered out the slurry and let it dry. He claimed the end result was gold, it was a brownish powder but he didn't have anything to melt it with. My question is this really feasible and was the result pure gold or was it some sort of alloy with Gold and magnesium? The only reason why I ask is if this actually works then it seems a lot less complicated than the other methods I have seen. Thank you for your time.

There are 3 spelling things people do that really bug me. Don't ask me why.
(1) People who spell the word separate as seperate.
(2) People who spell the word nickel as nickle. Nickel is the metal. Nickle is a European woodpecker, also called a nicker pecker or a yaffle.
(3) People who use the term Aqua Regina instead of the correct Aqua Regia.

I just noticed that you've only been here 1 day. You're forgiven. Please don't do it again, though.

Latest posts

Back