Question about hcl and chlorine tablets

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rexfly

Good day to you all,I have just finished burning and crushing some gold corner bag tops and was wondering if using hcl and chlorine tablets would be capable of dissolving the gold bonding wires.I have done some searching and can’t seem to find any info on it only that hcl and bleach won’t work, nitric acid or nitrate salt is impossible for me to find I do have peroxide 15% but don’t think that is strong enough either so if someone knows or have tried chlorine tablets let me know thank you.

Good day to you all,I have just finished burning and crushing some gold corner bag tops and was wondering if using hcl and chlorine tablets would be capable of dissolving the gold bonding wires.I have done some searching and can’t seem to find any info on it only that hcl and bleach won’t work, nitric acid or nitrate salt is impossible for me to find I do have peroxide 15% but don’t think that is strong enough either so if someone knows or have tried chlorine tablets let me know thank you.
Neither HCl/Bleach HCl/Chlorine or HCl/Peroxide are well suited for dissolving bond wires.
It works, but take time.
Best cause of action for Chips is gravity separation, concentration and smelting.

One point I will add is that chlorine does not like been a liquid it prefers to be a gas hence why when you use bleach in HCl you need plenty of additions so if you heat the HCl it will gas off very quickly and that gas is not very healthy for anything .

Latest posts

Back