Question regarding Nanoparticles. Specifically gold nanoparticles

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsaacUS

I created a solution of colloidal copper using UV laser ablation. Im.not an extremely academic individual but am curious regarding the entire concept of nanoparticles.

They are solids but so small that they are water soluble. When I used laser ablation I used only pure water and .999 pure copper nugget. After I finished about an hour later the solution was dark red near violet signalling that the nanoparticles are quite large.

Hypothetically speaking, is there a way to increase the size of the nanoparticles drastically even though I ran out of the .999 pure copper nugget? How can I work with these individual nanoparticles present to end up with a larger density/volume copper nugget?

The usual nano fabrication, starts with a compound dissolved in water, not metal. To this a reducer is added, and a "capping" agent of organic origin. Then mixing for many hours, e.g. 30. Can you tell what in your technology achieves the same goals? are your nano particles have size homogeneity?

Back