Questions on refining gold from rich ore with HNO3 + HCl

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, an assay will only determine whatever metals you specify for in the assay, in grams per kilogram, or ounces per ton, depending on lab reporting. It will not determine a milling process, or determine what other elements are present. Different properties may contain ores with varying elements, which would change milling techniques, especially if you get into floatation, or leaching, rather then using a simple gravity technique. An assay would be valuable on your tails, to see what you are leaving on the table ( throwing away).

FYI, an assay will only determine whatever metals you specify for in the assay, in grams per kilogram, or ounces per ton, depending on lab reporting. It will not determine a milling process, or determine what other elements are present. Different properties may contain ores with varying elements, which would change milling techniques, especially if you get into floatation, or leaching, rather then using a simple gravity technique. An assay would be valuable on your tails, to see what you are leaving on the table ( throwing away).
I guess that was for me lol I'm missing something. I've been reading a lot of old post it's suggested over and over again to get an assay first.

Back