Quotation Help

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second that, way too high price. Just walk away as the seller has a too high expectation to even make it possible to do a deal with reasonable prices.

The only way I would pay something like that is if I could cherry-pick the scrap I want and only pick the high yield components.

Göran

Many thanks dears :)

Still don't know what is the reasonable price for such lot.

I managed to get 1 piece of the gold plated aluminum and it was 15g .. the gold yield out of this piece was 0.11g of gold .. so 1 kg of such material would yield something around 7g.

So if i managed to segregate this lot into 3 groups:

1- Gold plated connectors/pins
2- Mixed Ceramic CPUs (w/ gold caps and w/o)
3- Gold plated amlumnuim

How much should i pay for each group ?!

It seems there's no need to hurry. The main considerations are: How I deal with it, how to dispose what remains

Finally, and after long debates, I bought this lot for 70 US$ per KG.

I tested some items and it was +ve for gold but of course don't know how much.

These are the photos for some some segregated items:

IMG-20171220-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20171220-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20171220-WA0020.jpg
IMG-20171220-WA0021.jpg
IMG-20171220-WA0022.jpg

Now what do you think .. do they worth ?

Also, what is the best process for them is it the sulfuric stripping cell or something else ?

And what about using chemicals Nitric/CuCL2 .. etc ?

If you bought it as a test sample to learn your processes for recovering gold then whilst a high price, you have plenty of good grade gear to learn from.

If you bought it to make a quick profit without the knowledge of HOW to recover the gold then you've paid too much as Jim says. The dichotomy here is that you do need to burn money initially in order to learn processes and yields. As an aside I have a lot of this equipment and it originally gathered dust for over 2 years before I learned the best way to process it. There are many members on here with much more experience than you currently have who would give their eye teeth for a batch like this.

It's not what I would recommend starting your learning journey on but you've done it now, so it is what it is, and you now have a good supply of gear to begin your journey.

The main reason for buying these stuff is learning in terms of the process used for this kind of stuff and for future use to be able to qualify and quantify them later.

But of course, i don't mind to get profit out of them.

So now, i need your help to determine the best or the most suitable process for them ?

Is it the sulforuric stripping cell ?

Or should I use normal processes Nitric, Cl/H202 and CuCl2 ?

Or CN should be my best option here ?

Theres no one process to run all your loot.

That stuff will have to seperated and each segregated lot will be ran in one of multiple ways.

Dont throw it all in one batch and run it all, you will lose half or more of what little gold is there.

Thanks Topher .. This is exactly what I'm intending to do.

Will share with you the segregated groups.

Thank you very much all for helping me :)

anachronism said:
If you bought it as a test sample to learn your processes for recovering gold then whilst a high price, you have plenty of good grade gear to learn from.

If you bought it to make a quick profit without the knowledge of HOW to recover the gold then you've paid too much as Jim says. The dichotomy here is that you do need to burn money initially in order to learn processes and yields. As an aside I have a lot of this equipment and it originally gathered dust for over 2 years before I learned the best way to process it. There are many members on here with much more experience than you currently have who would give their eye teeth for a batch like this.

It's not what I would recommend starting your learning journey on but you've done it now, so it is what it is, and you now have a good supply of gear to begin your journey.

This is the best advice you have received. I too have a reasonable amount of this, and after a year I'm just now starting to process it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahmadbayoumi

If you bought the whole 15kg lot of what you showed in your first picture of this post,then you did great!!!!

I have never been disappointed by that kind of material and I've been processing that kind for the past 5-6 years.

Search and read my posts for some good yield data on that kind of material.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

modtheworld44 said:
ahmadbayoumi

If you bought the whole 15kg lot of what you showed in your first picture of this post,then you did great!!!!

I have never been disappointed by that kind of material and I've been processing that kind for the past 5-6 years.

Search and read my posts for some good yield data on that kind of material.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Seems you are correct modtheworld44 :)

I ran a 2 tests for about 320g and 420g of 2 different items and the results was amazing for me ... 3g (after washing) out of 740g mixed materials so 1k should yield at least 4g of pure gold.

This is while ignoring the remaining gold in the cell that would be added to the next patch.

So for me it seems it was a very good bargain .. at least for now.

I need to thank every one in this forum .. I really like it very much as you helped me a lot dears.

Big thank you for all of you :) you are really a treasure :G

ahmadbayoumi said:
modtheworld44 said:
ahmadbayoumi

modtheworld44

Seems you are correct modtheworld44 :)

I ran a 2 tests for about 320g and 420g of 2 different items and the results was amazing for me ... 3g (after washing) out of 740g mixed materials so 1k should yield at least 4g of pure gold.

This is while ignoring the remaining gold in the cell that would be added to the next patch.

So for me it seems it was a very good bargain .. at least for now.

ahmadbayoumi

At the 35+/-USD price per pound you should come out looking like a nice Golden Bar!!!!
1k=4grams gold
15k=60grams gold
15k=70USD x 15=1050USD
and some of that material will yield 4+grams of gold per 1k so it's a win-win situation.Nortel IT equipment will never disappoint you.Thanks in advance.

modtheworld44

Latest posts

Back