Recovered gold

Gold Refining Forum

Help Support Gold Refining Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watcher

Supporting Member
Hi all, question please.

I've accumulated about 10 grams of scrap gold from jewellery and watches using the AP process.

It's mainly dust, foil and small flakes. I'm not ready for AR yet but am wondering if I can melt the 10 grams into a blob for easier and safer storing.
Any advise would be welcome... Tia
Steve.

Hi all, question please.

I've accumulated about 10 grams of scrap gold from jewellery and watches using the AP process.

It's mainly dust, foil and small flakes. I'm not ready for AR yet but am wondering if I can melt the 10 grams into a blob for easier and safer storing.
Any advise would be welcome... Tia
Steve.

If you plan on refining it, I wouldn't melt it. It will dissolve much faster if it's a powder/foils.

If it's just powder/foils then hydrochloric and house hold bleach will put it into solution, then drop out with your method of choice.

As Eagle says- don't complicate things by melting it. I know there's an urge to do more than sit and look at it Steve I understand that feeling well but I'd suggest you keep collecting more. It won't go anywhere ;-)

Back